The Masters Golf Tournament (1 Viewer)

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Well golf fans, it's time for the first men's major golf tournament of the 2019 season. The forecast this week is calling for increasing rain and thunderstorms throughout the week which will likely put a premium on posting some good scores in the first two rounds.

The smart money seems to be on guys like Rory McIlroy and Justin Rose. Rory for his recent performances, and Justin for his previously good performances at Augusta National. From what I see, the poor weather will favor a European with some Masters experience. Though a lot of people are still interested in seeing Tiger Woods return to the winner's ceremony (count me in on this as well), I would be much more likely favor a hot player like Kisner, Fleetwood, or Molineri. But guys like Rahm, Fowler, or Kuchar is not out of the question. It's hard to say why guys like Dustin Johnson can't seem to tame the course, but I would favor Justin Thomas over DJ on this setup.

Anyway, as always there should be some memorable moments this year and perhaps even a few surprises. Just imagine if a guy like Corey Conners who won the Valero Tournament last week as a Monday qualifier could pull off a miracle win this week on these hallowed grounds. That would make for a story even Hollywood couldn't write!

So, who you got in this one? :scratch:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bill

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I hoped for a long time that Tiger could get back to winning a major, but I truly never thought it would happen again. I’m amazed that he was able to do it. It’s great for golf to have Tiger all the way back and the masses will be following the game once again. I hope he can continue to compete for another decade at least.

LuvNOLA

WHO DAT
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
One of the best comebacks in sports history, never thought I’d see this again.
That was exciting........made me cry 😢

In 97 Tiger’s dad was giving Tiger a big bear hug. Now Tiger is giving his own son a big bear hug.

What a Masters, incredibly fun to watch!

Brown

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’m glad I sat down to watch. Very happy to see Tiger win another one. 5 masters and one to go to tie Jack with 6. I’d be more surprised if he didn’t get 6 than I would if he didn’t.

Tiger makes the game fun to watch

DoubleSaint

-Marshon23-
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I hoped for a long time that Tiger could get back to winning a major, but I truly never thought it would happen again. I’m amazed that he was able to do it. It’s great for golf to have Tiger all the way back and the masses will be following the game once again. I hope he can continue to compete for another decade at least.
Golf hasn’t been the same without Tiger at the top, I hope this win puts him back on top for a while now.

I’m not a huge fan of him off the course but he’s a sporting hero of mine.

Dan in Lafayette

Official SR Curmudgeon
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They finished in the nick of time. All of Augusta is in the rain now. Great planning by the by the tournament director.

Merl

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
They finished in the nick of time. All of Augusta is in the rain now. Great planning by the by the tournament director.
It was a great call to start earlier than normal and to go with 3 somes instead of 2 somes. Without those changes I doubt they finish today.

OP
OP
Bill

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of that, prior to the Masters the news came out that one gambler laid $85,000.00 on Tiger Woods to win. At 14 to 1 that bet would rake in $1.2 million! Now that Tiger is the betting favorite (previously held by Rory McIlroy) that dude must be smiling pretty hard at all the negative comments made by other bettors. And he could be smiling all the way to the bank if Tiger's flat stick starts cooperating from short range.
A lot of gamblers jumped on the Tiger bandwagon after the third round and put the hurt on some sports books.
However, that one unknown chap above is definitely enjoying the Tiger victory almost as much as Woods himself! Wow!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom