The Masters Golf Tournament (2 Viewers)

They finished in the nick of time. All of Augusta is in the rain now. Great planning by the by the tournament director.

They finished in the nick of time. All of Augusta is in the rain now. Great planning by the by the tournament director.

It was a great call to start earlier than normal and to go with 3 somes instead of 2 somes. Without those changes I doubt they finish today.

Speaking of that, prior to the Masters the news came out that one gambler laid $85,000.00 on Tiger Woods to win. At 14 to 1 that bet would rake in $1.2 million! Now that Tiger is the betting favorite (previously held by Rory McIlroy) that dude must be smiling pretty hard at all the negative comments made by other bettors. And he could be smiling all the way to the bank if Tiger's flat stick starts cooperating from short range.
A lot of gamblers jumped on the Tiger bandwagon after the third round and put the hurt on some sports books.
However, that one unknown chap above is definitely enjoying the Tiger victory almost as much as Woods himself! Wow!

Pretty awesome Nike ad
I'm declining to view now because I'm pretty sure I'll be sick of it soon enough.
Interesting tidbit: you don't get to bring your green jacket home with you. You have to keep it in your locker at Augusta, so you can only wear it when you're at Augusta.
You didn't know that? What I learned this week is that Jack Nicklaus is colorblind.

Interesting tidbit: you don't get to bring your green jacket home with you. You have to keep it in your locker at Augusta, so you can only wear it when you're at Augusta.
You get to keep it for a year when you win it, then it goes back to Augusta at the next year's ceremony. You can find lots of pics of winners sporting their jackets in public.

Wow… What a moment. To watch him hug his son in a relinquishment of all the energy he has no doubt been holding since Thursday morning, was tear jerking. The man has seen every high the game of golf can offer, and every low life can offer.

I never thought I’d see him win another
major, and definitely not the Masters. But Augusta is the jungle and Tiger is king. (Lions don’t even live in jungles so that saying is stupid)

What a thrill. I soaked up the last 30 mins of legendary sports casting that will be played over and over for the next 40 years, especially Verne Lundquist’s call on 16. The way he let the moment breathe after Tiger put it within 2 feet. I sat there, stoic, reminding myself that this moment will live forevermore in Golf infamy, and I saw it live.

What a moment to add to a tradition unlike any other.

You get to keep it for a year when you win it, then it goes back to Augusta at the next year's ceremony. You can find lots of pics of winners sporting their jackets in public.

Wait, someone above said that you can only wear the jacket while AT Augusta.. which is it?

BTW, and again i’m no fan of golf so i plead ignorance - but what if i were to somehow snag a ticket to be in the crowd for the Masters and that day i decided to wear, oh i don’t know- a green jacket... how would that go over? Would i be kicked out?

Wait, someone above said that you can only wear the jacket while AT Augusta.. which is it?
jboss is probably right, I just thought I heard someone on one of the highlight shows say the jacket doesn't leave Augusta.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom