The McCain Economic "Team" (1 Viewer)

The thing you have to keep in mind about McCain is he relies far, far more heavily on personal relationships then ideological purity in terms of who he associates with. This is, in large part, where his maverick reputation comes from as he has supported personal friends on the other side of the isle as strongly as those within his own party.

Is it a good thing or a bad thing? Well I mean "neither" really. Or rather "both". McCain is probably loyal to a fault, and his willingness to break values to support a colleague is troublesome, but he keeps a very wide range of friends and is exposed to a lot of different viewpoints from people he trusts implicitly, meaning he has been and will continue to be more of a "uniter" then a "divider".

It drives a lot of people (such as the paragon of ideological purity, Ron Paul, and his supporters) wild but in my opinion it's also just how business gets done.

I'd love to elect a philosopher King, but if we're choosing politicians give me one who can make friends on both sides of the isle and is willing to listen and trust them all.

Have to agree with you big time here. This is, in fact, one of the larger reasons I am so against the Hildebeast. She is a "you're wither with me or you're against " polarizer type - and we've seen just how disruptive that works for these 8 years, so who wants more of the same, just from the other side?
A man who is smart enough to embrace people with differing opinions than his own (like Teddy Roosevelt, JFK, Truman, etc.) is the one who can bring people together and compromise to get things done .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom