The media has crowned the Jets Defense(*MERGED*) (1 Viewer)

Doublemove

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
It seems the Saints will just be dominated by the Jets defense (according to the media). I am beginning to drink the koolaide a little bit as well.

If we do win, I think we might be taken seriously by the media given the attention the Jets D is getting from them. I have not watched any Jets games this year but they must be a force to reckon with. I hope the Saints prove me and the media wrong but I am worried about this game.

bergeaux

Building my own team!
Reaction score
It seems the Saints will just be dominated by the Jets defense (according to the media). I am beginning to drink the koolaide a little bit as well.

If we do win, I think we might be taken seriously by the media given the attention the Jets D is getting from them. I have not watched any Jets games this year but they must be a force to reckon with. I hope the Saints prove me and the media wrong but I am worried about this game.

Win or loose this weekend, if you watch the games that the Jets played, they were handed a lot of easy stuff on defense. Dropped balls, bad throws, muffed punts, etc etc.

They are good, no doubt, but to crown them is a little early. Most of the credit they are getting is for stopping one dimensional offenses.

Houston Texans: Andre Johnson
NE Patriots: Tom Brady (in a slump already)
Tenn Titans: Chris Johnson

In all of those games, they pretty much sold out in one area and dared teams to beat them in another. If they do that against us, they should be in trouble.

If you stop Drew, PT/Hamilton will beat you.
If you stop the run, Drew will beat you.
If you blanket Colston (like they keep claiming is a done deal) it doesn't matter.

So you get the picture. We won't know until Sunday night what the true story is, but I think there are some things that are unknown yet in week 3 and to declare their defense godlike (many in the media are) is quite premature.

TenTwo

Are you touched in the head or something?
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Jets defense is ranked 3rd right? What will they be ranked after we get done with them?

Saint Jeremy

SR is my life!
Reaction score

The media thinks that if a team holds the Saints to running or Brees doesn't throw 3 TDs in the first qtr, they dominated. But the Saints also have a D and can now compete in a tight game. That is what happened in Buffalo. I guess the media wasn't paying attention.

rmack38

That's how it oughta be!
Reaction score
Win or loose this weekend, if you watch the games that the Jets played, they were handed a lot of easy stuff on defense. Dropped balls, bad throws, muffed punts, etc etc.

They are good, no doubt, but to crown them is a little early. Most of the credit they are getting is for stopping one dimensional offenses.

Houston Texans: Andre Johnson
NE Patriots: Tom Brady (in a slump already)
Tenn Titans: Chris Johnson

In all of those games, they pretty much sold out in one area and dared teams to beat them in another. If they do that against us, they should be in trouble.

If you stop Drew, PT/Hamilton will beat you.
If you stop the run, Drew will beat you.
If you blanket Colston (like they keep claiming is a done deal) it doesn't matter.

So you get the picture. We won't know until Sunday night what the true story is, but I think there are some things that are unknown yet in week 3 and to declare their defense godlike (many in the media are) is quite premature.

This was a great post! All Saints fans should be mindful that we are in NO WAY, SHAPE or FORM one-dimensional! We got balance!

Again great post!

Nah 2019

We're crab people now Dee
Reaction score
don't care what the media says don't care what the media says don't care what the media says don't care what the media says

Won't it be sweet when the media will be FORCED to crown the Saints? I'd rather that than being prematurely crowned anything.

Domeination

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Here's what I've been getting from the national media: "Wrecks" Ryan will be able to confuse and trick Brees into making mistakes, but 3G and the Saints D don't stand a chance against the Jets' rookie QB. We'll see. I like our chances.

Lacavanc

Reaction score
GW knows everything that Rex Ryan knows. They both learned from Buddy Ryan, and use the same "We will dictate" philosophy. The media doesn't wish to acknowledge this fact.

The Saints O has been playing against a version of Rex's D since training camp. They will not be surprised by anything Rex throws at them.

The difference in this game will be Drew Brees and his ability to read this D. Mark Sanchez hasn't had the time to digest all the defensive schemes that he will see on Sunday.

Having said that, Sunday's winner will have EARNED the win. It's not going to be easy. Our special teams need to keep up the good work, as we will have to play well in all areas to win.

JGunn

Very Banned
Reaction score
Anytime ANY F'n time a New York team starts off hot, they will be overrated it always has been that way and always will be. They are playing good, a solid team, no doubt, but not as good as media makes them out.

soks45

Reaction score
The Saints O has been playing against a version of Rex's D since training camp. They will not be surprised by anything Rex throws at them.

The difference in this game will be Drew Brees and his ability to read this D. Mark Sanchez hasn't had the time to digest all the defensive schemes that he will see on Sunday.

I'm sorry but that is a bit of a ridiculous comment by that logic sanchez should have no more trouble than brees in reading thee D. he has been going up against apparently a similar d although with a better man behind it(not saying the saints DC is bad but Rex Ryan is the absolute best man at implementing the defense his father invented and he perfected in baltimore). plus the jets have more talent on defense than the saints (again not knocking the saints, the jets have more talent on d than almost anyone in the league)

on jets boards we have been talking about this since training camp started, many jets fans believe that the reason the traditionally very respectable patriots and titans d were not able to confuse sanchez was because in TC and during the week he see's the most elaborate agressive defense their pretty much is. i Mean the jets defensive playbook has more than 250 different blitzes not even counting specific week by week adjustements and tweaks.

StarSaint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
It's NY - everything gets overhyped and blown out of proportion.

I am glad that they have been "crowned"...it's awesome to see that we're 3-0 and still flying somewhat under the radar.

Saint Jeremy

SR is my life!
Reaction score
I'm sorry but that is a bit of a ridiculous comment by that logic sanchez should have no more trouble than brees in reading thee D. he has been going up against apparently a similar d although with a better man behind it(not saying the saints DC is bad but Rex Ryan is the absolute best man at implementing the defense his father invented and he perfected in baltimore). plus the jets have more talent on defense than the saints (again not knocking the saints, the jets have more talent on d than almost anyone in the league)

on jets boards we have been talking about this since training camp started, many jets fans believe that the reason the traditionally very respectable patriots and titans d were not able to confuse sanchez was because in TC and during the week he see's the most elaborate agressive defense their pretty much is. i Mean the jets defensive playbook has more than 250 different blitzes not even counting specific week by week adjustements and tweaks.

Er, Sanchez is a ROOKIE and Brees has been not only doing this for years, but he is THE BEST at it. So of course Brees has the advantage. Geez, Jet fans, get a hold of yourselves! Remember last year!!!! Don't eat the cheese!!!!

gw504saints

Very Banned
Reaction score
Everybody listen:

The Jets defense are who we thought they where and that is why we took the %$#% field. Now If you want to crown them then crown there %sses. But they are who we thought they where and this time we will not let them off the hook.

Saints 34-17

soks45

Reaction score
Er, Sanches is a ROOKIE and Brees has been not only doing this for years, but he is THE BEST at it. So of course Brees has the advantage. Geez, Jet fans, get a hold of yourselves! Remember last year!!!! Don't eat the cheese!!!!

Ok your right i didn't word that completely right

your definately right brees can and will read the jets better than sanchez will the saints what i really meant was that the argument of seeing the D since training camp really is a wash and won't give brees any more of an advantage than it will sanchez.

Jets 28-24

willkro

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Don't be upset with all the Jets coverage

I know the Jets get all of the media attention. They are all talking about Sanchize, and no rookie QB has started out 3-0 and all the Rex love.

But most of the power polls have the Saints higher than the Jets, and I have seen a lot of people are picking the Saints over the Jets.

That proves that the larger markets get the lions share of the media attention. When the Saints are in the Superbowl, we will get about half of the eight hours of coverage before the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread