The media has crowned the Jets Defense(*MERGED*) (1 Viewer)

I'm sorry but that is a bit of a ridiculous comment by that logic sanchez should have no more trouble than brees in reading thee D. he has been going up against apparently a similar d although with a better man behind it(not saying the saints DC is bad but Rex Ryan is the absolute best man at implementing the defense his father invented and he perfected in baltimore). plus the jets have more talent on defense than the saints (again not knocking the saints, the jets have more talent on d than almost anyone in the league)

on jets boards we have been talking about this since training camp started, many jets fans believe that the reason the traditionally very respectable patriots and titans d were not able to confuse sanchez was because in TC and during the week he see's the most elaborate agressive defense their pretty much is. i Mean the jets defensive playbook has more than 250 different blitzes not even counting specific week by week adjustements and tweaks.

Don't be a stranger after the game, how you think Sanchez is going to do better than a seasoned Pro-Bowl Quarterback is beyond me. Our D is maybe not as good as the Jets but it appears to be formidable.

Read about Brees a little and realize he has strong commitment to the game, a commitment that he has been building on for years, that makes him sooooo much better than any rookie.

IMO In NY this is a game, especially outdoors in our house it could get ugly, if we loose, it will say a lot in regards to the Jets, because we have you at the right time (minus our LT issues and missing M. Bell, and possibly Clancey) and at the right venue. You think your D is licking their chops for this game well I guarantee Brees is to, the perfectionist in him didn't like being limited last week...two bad games in a row? I doubt it.

Don't be a stranger after the game, how you think Sanchez is going to do better than a seasoned Pro-Bowl Quarterback is beyond me. Our D is maybe not as good as the Jets but it appears to be formidable.

Read about Brees a little and realize he has strong commitment to the game, a commitment that he has been building on for years, that makes him sooooo much better than any rookie.

IMO In NY this is a game, especially outdoors in our house it could get ugly, if we loose, it will say a lot in regards to the Jets, because we have you at the right time (minus our LT issues and missing M. Bell, and possibly Clancey) and at the right venue. You think your D is licking their chops for this game well I guarantee Brees is to, the perfectionist in him didn't like being limited last week...two bad games in a row? I doubt it.

:plus-un2:

You guys like to play the no-respect card, everything I've seen have the Saints favorite in this game.

After 3 games there is enough video of the Jets defense for Drew Brees and Sean Payton to dissect. The element of surprise is over for the Jets.

The Saints offense has been in effect for 3+ years now. It's simply too good to stop at this point. And the Jets offense is not good enough to keep up.

But it all comes down to execution and winning turnovers.

Saints 35 Jets 9

Saints fans know all to well of which you speak. The 49er dynasty of Montana and Young is not that far removed and still burns Saints fans who think of the wasted talent of the Dome Patrol and the "Best Ever" (at the time) Saints teams.

No kidding. You finish 12-4 and still aren't division champs was tough one to swallow. ****ing 49ers

GW knows everything that Rex Ryan knows. They both learned from Buddy Ryan, and use the same "We will dictate" philosophy. The media doesn't wish to acknowledge this fact.

The Saints O has been playing against a version of Rex's D since training camp. They will not be surprised by anything Rex throws at them.

The difference in this game will be Drew Brees and his ability to read this D. Mark Sanchez hasn't had the time to digest all the defensive schemes that he will see on Sunday.

Having said that, Sunday's winner will have EARNED the win. It's not going to be easy. Our special teams need to keep up the good work, as we will have to play well in all areas to win.

I guess that you could say that the Jets offense has been practicing against the Saints defense all season as well.

The Jets looked excellent in that game against Tennessee. Those turnovers were not given to them they earned them. They put lots of presure on Tennessee and cause a lot of mental errors. Tenn made lots of mistakes because they were pressured into them. Make no mistake the Jets dominated in every phase of the game.

I'm sorry but that is a bit of a ridiculous comment by that logic sanchez should have no more trouble than brees in reading thee D. he has been going up against apparently a similar d although with a better man behind it(not saying the saints DC is bad but Rex Ryan is the absolute best man at implementing the defense his father invented and he perfected in baltimore). plus the jets have more talent on defense than the saints (again not knocking the saints, the jets have more talent on d than almost anyone in the league)

on jets boards we have been talking about this since training camp started, many jets fans believe that the reason the traditionally very respectable patriots and titans d were not able to confuse sanchez was because in TC and during the week he see's the most elaborate agressive defense their pretty much is. i Mean the jets defensive playbook has more than 250 different blitzes not even counting specific week by week adjustements and tweaks.

obviously you Jets fans don't really know what you are talking about because they only really practice against that Defense for 2 weeks in TC and Ryan was likely still only installing base packages. once he got further along in TC and during the week inside the Season the first team begins practicing against a scout team which runs other teams schemes. so before you go making a statement like "he's seen the best in practice" please know what you are talking about.

Greg Wiliams is said to have over 250 different blitzes. it doesn't matter how many you have, it matter if you use them at the right times and can execute them. i think Greg Williams track record speaks for itself for what he's done in all his stops, except Jax for 1 year when he had an internal battle with the Del Rio over what he should call. take nothing away from Rex cause yes, he did learn from his farther, but what most of you Jets fans fail to realize is that Williams is a disciple of Buddy Ryan also. he broke into the league when Ryan was with the Oilers. so he knows somethings about what your trying to do and has probably passed some insight along to Payton as to how to attack that "Mysterious Defense" you say you have.

The Jets and Rex Ryan are full of crap. By the end of the year they will be third in the division. Last year after beating the Titans they were dubbed NFL's best only to choke their way to 9-7. Nothing but a bunch of cocky overhyped bums that will finally be shut up Sunday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom