The media is so sickening (1 Viewer)

Panthers were in the Super Bowl last year and had high expectations this year that are collapsing a quarter of the way into the season. People's obsession with Cam Newton also draws eyeballs. We've been trending downward for a few seasons now and are no longer a big story or a team with national ratings appeal. This stuff isn't hard to figure out.

Panthers were in the Super Bowl last year and had high expectations this year that are collapsing a quarter of the way into the season. People's obsession with Cam Newton also draws eyeballs. We've been trending downward for a few seasons now and are no longer a big story or a team with national ratings appeal. This stuff isn't hard to figure out.

Yep. Carolina won the division the last 3 seasons too.

It's comical that I've seen multiple snide remarks about Jeff Fisher/Rams and their 7-9 consistency over the years. Brees/Payton and the 2013 season are literally the only things separating us from basically being the Rams. And over the years, who (outside of STL media) has ever bothered saying something like "wow, this is a MUST WIN game for the Rams" ? Probably because, for most, the Rams were exactly where most thought they'd be at that time. That's where many people are in regards to the Saints right now.

If we're as lousy as the media thinks we are, beating the Saints wouldn't mean putting them back on track. It would mean they beat a lousy team. Period.

bRJBEHC.gif

Why is this a must win for the Panthers and not the Saints? Everyone thinks this is a perfect game for the Panthers to get back on track.....I so hope the Saints beat the brakes off this whiny bunch so the media can shut up with their Cam Newton loving selves!!!

I just do not watch many sports commentary shows anymore, especially the mid week and pre game shows. I may tune in post game analysis to see some of them eat crow or try and spin why their predictions were off. It's just too annoying. I turn the TV on just as the game starts.

The Panthers have more NFL stars on their roster.

Get ready for the worst officiated game all season. NFL is going to do everything to keep them in it. I'm not looking forward to this game, but we need to get back our domefield advantage.

Why would the NFL care to keep Carolina "in it"?
They didn't care last week vs Tampa, they didn't care the week before against ATL.
They didn't care when the playoff Cards of last year have been losing.
They haven't cared for years to keep NFL darling Dallas in the playoffs.

And why Carolina, one of the smallest markets in the league.

Maybe, just maybe, there isn't this great agenda....and they just ref games as they see them.

Why would the NFL care to keep Carolina "in it"?
They didn't care last week vs Tampa, they didn't care the week before against ATL.
They didn't care when the playoff Cards of last year have been losing.
They haven't cared for years to keep NFL darling Dallas in the playoffs.

And why Carolina, one of the smallest markets in the league.

Maybe, just maybe, there isn't this great agenda....and they just ref games as they see them.

0545159ad276dc4a802dadc81a294e8e.gif

They're the defending NFC champions, of course the focus is on them possibly missing the playoffs. Whereas WE haven't even been to the playoffs since 2014. That's what happens when you fall to being a perpetual 7-9 team.

We'll beat them though, we won't get much respect from the media, they'll just doodoo all over Carolina rather than give kudos to us, because that's what the media does. Blaming always gets higher ratings than praising does on TV

When it comes to refs, they will prevent a blowout and save whatever team is on the ropes. Keep people watching.

We never were and never will be media darlings. Just tune in locally for any decent analysis. All the Louisiana sports stations talk Saints, so just stream one of them.

When it comes to refs, they will prevent a blowout and save whatever team is on the ropes. Keep people watching.

We never were and never will be media darlings. Just tune in locally for any decent analysis. All the Louisiana sports stations talk Saints, so just stream one of them.

It's not that the media will never give credit to the Saints, it's just that many still think of Meacom's Saints. And that changes with progress.
With each successive playoff appearance, win, or division title; perception will change.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom