The Media just can't Quit Aaron Rodgers (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
All I hear are excuses, excuses, excuses. I don't remember Brees getting this kind of treatment when he had garbage defenses and other guys making mistakes.

The truth is that Rodgers choked last night. He went 2/7 for 15 yards in the 4th quarter against a defense that's otherwise not been great against the pass (at least against "good" QBs). His defense actually held the Patriots to only 17 points into the 4th quarter, something Brees would kill for. Notice he started grabbing his arm late, last night. Dude always needs an excuse. It's his knee, it's his finger, it's his shoulder, it's his arm, yada yada yada. Rodgers' one flaw is that he can't quickly read a defense and hit a timing route for his life. Everything is drop back, run around for 5 seconds, and hope to ad lib a comeback. It may work when they've got good defenses behind him, but that's not the kind of play I'd ever classify as the "greatest of all time."

Brees is simply better and it's not that close anymore. Not only does Brees have the numbers and wins, but he stays healthy, and that's part of being in the GOAT discussion. This entire Brady vs. Rodgers for GOAT thing they played up all week was stupid. Rodgers isn't anywhere near Tom Brady and he's not better than Brees or Peyton Manning.

Sidenote: They can't quit the Rams either. I'm seeing a lot of guys saying the Rams are still the better team despite us beating them by 10.

Last edited:
All I hear are excuses, excuses, excuses. I don't remember Brees getting this kind of treatment when he had garbage defenses and other guys making mistakes.

The truth is that Rodgers choked last night. He went 2/7 for 15 yards in the 4th quarter against a defense that's otherwise not been great against the pass (at least against "good" QBs). His defense actually held the Patriots to only 17 yards into the 4th quarter, something Brees would kill for. Notice he started grabbing his arm late, last night. Dude always needs an excuse. It's his knee, it's his finger, it's his shoulder, it's his arm, yada yada yada. Rodgers' flaw is that he quickly read a defense and hit a timing route for his life. Everything is drop back, run around for 5 seconds, and hope to ad lib a comeback route. It may work when they've got good defenses, but that's not the kind of play I'd ever classify as the "greatest of all time."

Brees is simply better and it's not that close anymore. Not only does Brees have the numbers and wins, but he stays healthy, and that's part of being in the GOAT discussion. This entire Brady vs. Rodgers for GOAT thing they played up all week was stupid. Rodgers isn't in the same breath as Brady.

Sidenote: They can't quit the Rams either. I'm seeing a lot of guys saying the Rams are still the better team despite us beating them by 10.
In defense of the media for a moment, giving up a 18 point lead does change the optics of the game. Not saying it's justified, but I can see how someone can still back the Rams today.
That being said, if the Saints continue to win and the Rams slip against the Chiefs, the NFC will go through New Orleans.

In defense of the media for a moment, giving up a 18 point lead does change the optics of the game. Not saying it's justified, but I can see how someone can still back the Rams today.
That being said, if the Saints continue to win and the Rams slip against the Chiefs, the NFC will go through New Orleans.

Let's be honest. Had we went to LA and lost by a FG, no one would be saying we are still the better team the next day.

But I get it. It's LA.

Its been pointed out here year or so ago about Rodgers. Wont make the pinpoint throws for fear of interceptions. Always feigning some sort of slight injury when things dont go exactly as planned. But he plays for a storied franchise, so the pass is always there for him.

I dont even pay attention to it anymore. its all noise. Stats do not lie. Ever.

Id like to see Drews 4th q stats this year. Nothing short of record breaking i would assume.

The truth is that Rodgers choked last night. He went 2/7 for 15 yards in the 4th quarter against a defense that's otherwise not been great against the pass (at least against "good" QBs). His defense actually held the Patriots to only 17 points into the 4th quarter, something Brees would kill for. Notice he started grabbing his arm late, last night. Dude always needs an excuse. It's his knee, it's his finger, it's his shoulder, it's his arm, yada yada yada. Rodgers' one flaw is that he can't quickly read a defense and hit a timing route for his life. Everything is drop back, run around for 5 seconds, and hope to ad lib a comeback. It may work when they've got good defenses behind him, but that's not the kind of play I'd ever classify as the "greatest of all time."

Brees is simply better and it's not that close anymore. Not only does Brees have the numbers and wins, but he stays healthy, and that's part of being in the GOAT discussion. This entire Brady vs. Rodgers for GOAT thing they played up all week was stupid. Rodgers isn't anywhere near Tom Brady and he's not better than Brees or Peyton Manning.

A young Goff and an aging Brees were by far the best 2 QBs in any NFL game this weekend. The media is going to hype what serves them best. But in reality, we saw one of the 2 greatest QBs of all time make the top DC of this era, loaded with the best talent money could buy, look inept. 45 points is insanely good. We also saw the next great NFL-HC great young combo. Goff, stood in, took hits and delivered lasers all game.

Let's be honest. Had we went to LA and lost by a FG, no one would be saying we are still the better team the next day.

But I get it. It's LA.
If the Saints lost to the Rams in L.A. by the field goal, it'd be the Panthers closing in on the Saints. The Saints margin of error is slimmer than the Rams. L.A. has basically clinched the West. At worst, they'll at least host a playoff game. Today, the Saints are only up in the South by 1 game.

If the Saints lost to the Rams in L.A. by the field goal, it'd be the Panthers closing in on the Saints. The Saints margin of error is slimmer than the Rams. L.A. has basically clinched the West. At worst, they'll at least host a playoff game. Today, the Saints are only up in the South by 1 game.

Then they should say "the schedule favors the Rams to win their division and home-field." Don't say they are a better team though after getting beat by 10 and trailing by 21 at one point. They are lucky Payton went conservative and ran on 1st and 2nd down twice in the 3rd quarter.

Rodgers is lucky when he actually finishes a season unhurt.

the slobber-fest for him is ridiculous. I'm not Brady fan but I get it at least. Even though he's had over-inflated stats throughout his career and played in a terrible division that hasn't had another quality starting QB in is since.......IDK.

Last edited:
Rodgers is lucky when I actually finishes a season unhurt.

the slobber-fest for him is ridiculous. I'm not Brady fan but I get it at least. Even though he's had over-inflated stats throughout his career and played in a terrible division that hasn't had another quality starting QB in is since.......IDK.

I'm comfortable putting Brady #1 despite that.

But yeah, it's pretty nuts that he hasn't had to face another starting caliber QB in his division for the better part of a decade. Meanwhile, we've gotta face Newton and Ryan four times a year.

The GB/NE game was billed as a game between two GOATs. (There can only be one, right?) It was supposed to be an even better game than the Rams/Saints. IMO, it was a pretty average game. And Rodgers was lackluster when it mattered most.

Very solid analysis of Rodgers.

Then they should say "the schedule favors the Rams to win their division and home-field." Don't say they are a better team though after getting beat by 10 and trailing by 21 at one point. They are lucky Payton went conservative and ran on 1st and 2nd down twice in the 3rd quarter.
It's starting to turn that way. I've seen a few on fox and espn already mention that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom