The Media just can't Quit Aaron Rodgers (1 Viewer)

Hey, does anyone have that stat on the number of Drew Brees 4Q comebacks that were then given back to the other team by our horrendous defenses over the years?

Someone posted that on another thread awhile back but I can't find it. I think it also included the same stat comparison against Brady and Rodgers.

It would be great for Duncan to use that stat in the HoF discussion when the time comes. He won't need it to get Drew in the Hall but it's a great stat to help prove that Drew belongs in the GOAT discussion.
That would be a depressing stat.

Since the game was tied in the 4th, Sunday should also notch another "game winning drive".

Since the game was tied in the 4th, Sunday should also notch another "game winning drive".
I think it was. Brees has notched 4 game winning drives ("Offensive scoring drive in 4thQ or OT that puts the winning team ahead for the last time) this year according to the statistics. Cleveland, Atlanta, Baltimore, and LA.

Brees has 45 in his career. Brady has 44. Rodgers has 19.

I think most of us would agree that the top things Rodgers is known for such as career passer rating, TD to INT ration, and yards per attempt directly correlate to Rodgers willingness to take a sack instead of passing the ball or throwing it away.

If my calculations are correct, here are some of the following CAREER rates of sacks per attempts:

Brees - 1 sack every 24.7 attempts (387 career sacks)
Brady - 1 sack every 19.6 attempts (465 career sacks)
Manning - 1 sack every 31 attempts (303 career sacks)
Rodgers - 1 sack every 13.5 attempts (386 career sacks)

Below is a link to a pre-2015 season Bleacher Report article that talks about Rodgers and tries to project his legacy (note they say Drew Brees is on the decline, lol). IMO the sacks are taking their toll on Aaron now (and I have a new appreciation for how tough Brady is with him taking 465 career sacks). I also believe Aaron is demoralized and coming to the realization that, even if he continues to take a pounding for another 4 to 5 years, he won't be able to touch the career passing yards and TD passes records that Brees and Brady are currently breaking. Rodgers already has one more sack this year (23) then he had all of last year (22). And obviously, if you are taking such a pounding at 35 years old (he will be in less than a month), football is probably no longer fun.

Here is the June 2015 article:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...odgers-is-on-track-to-shatter-most-qb-records

Brees has 45 in his career. Brady has 44. Rodgers has 19.

Yes, and if I remember correctly, the stat I'm thinking of shows a big gap between Brees on one hand and Brady/Manning on the other.

Meaning, I think Drew has a LOT more 4Q comebacks than those two if you add in the number of times the QB made a 4Q comeback but their defense lost the lead right back.

Yes, and if I remember correctly, the stat I'm thinking of shows a big gap between Brees on one hand and Brady/Manning on the other.

Meaning, I think Drew has a LOT more 4Q comebacks than those two if you add in the number of times the QB made a 4Q comeback but their defense lost the lead right back.
If I remember the stat correctly it was 16, probably 17 now with the loss against the Bucs earlier this year.

I'm sure Manning and Brady had a defense that let them down a few times, but certainly not that many. Probably like 3 or 4.

If I remember the stat correctly it was 16, probably 17 now with the loss against the Bucs earlier this year.

I'm sure Manning and Brady had a defense that let them down a few times, but certainly not that many. Probably like 3 or 4.

Any chance you remember what thread it was in? I can't seem to find it!

In defense of the media for a moment, giving up a 18 point lead does change the optics of the game. Not saying it's justified, but I can see how someone can still back the Rams today.
That being said, if the Saints continue to win and the Rams slip against the Chiefs, the NFC will go through New Orleans.

I notice no one wants to talk about us blowing that big lead.

Rodgers is lucky when he actually finishes a season unhurt.

the slobber-fest for him is ridiculous. I'm not Brady fan but I get it at least. Even though he's had DEFLATED BALL stats throughout his career and played in a terrible division that hasn't had another quality starting QB in is since.......IDK.

FIFY

I notice no one wants to talk about us blowing that big lead.

Deuce McAllister did! He didn’t like how the Rams came back....at all!

But he offered a simple solution:

“Keep chopping wood!”

IMO, Losing that 21 pt lead wasn’t all on the D. After scoring 35pts in the 1st half, the O fell asleep for well over a quarter in the 2nd half. One TD by the O in the 3rd q may have snuffed out any notion of a Ram comeback.

But still, the D ain’t supposed to give up a lead like dat, even against a very good Ram O!

Bottom line, this team IS good. But with such a brutal schedule, goin forward, it will have to get better!

I think it WILL!

The entire idea of limiting a GOAT discussion to just 2 or 3 guys is ridiculous. Everyone (including me) is inclined to use only their own eyeball sample set. For example, no one on this thread has mentioned Joe Montana or Otto Graham or Johnny Unitas.

Who's the GOAT? I don't know -- it depends on the qualifiers you put on the discussion. I personally lean to Montana and Brady and Drew but Graham intrigues me on paper without having seen him with my own eyes. I certainly believe Brees is in almost ANY Top 5 regardless of qualifiers. But picking just one guy as THE greatest of all time??? It's ridiculous on its face.

But, I will say Rodgers should NOT be in the discussion, at least not yet. Yes, he is uber-talented physically --- but so was Jeff George...
Good point and from not taking away from today's QB's, I find it hard to believe that today's QB's would be as good as they are today if they had to play without all the protect the QB rules we have today.

The overall stats will say Rodgers was great last night.

But his last 5 possessions? Punt, Punt, Punt, FG, Punt. Including three 3 and outs.

His inability to lead 4th quarter comebacks is uncanny.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom