The Media Narrative Is Starting to Shift (1 Viewer)

KingNene

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score

It's not just this show either. The media is slowly but surely coming to the realization that Brees is the true MVP.

On GMFB the guy who looks like he might be a cross dresser in the evening, said Brees is the best QB........in the conference. Lol. Not sure if he thinks Brady and Mahommes are better or just trying a last ditch effort to not admit Brees deserves the MVP award over Mahommes at this point, but at least he is past saying Rodgers is the greatest, blah, blah, blah.

Eh the guy arguing against him says Patrick has more yards and tds. meanwhile the year Drew had more tds and yards the argument was "weeellll you can't base mvp on just yards and tds! "

Wait so yards is this guys big argument now?
Lol I had to cut it off right there. He talks about attacking the guy at the top and it’s exaxtly what he is doing. Trying to say Completion Percentage, INT ratio, and QB rating is inferior to Yards and TD’s. If that’s the case, then Brees should have 4 or 5 MVP’s. They are moving the goal posts. F em all.

Someone needs to bring up all those seasons when Drew did put up those numbers....and didn't get MVP...and ask him to explain.

That look on “Carl Winslow’s” face when Tony was talking about Drew being in the conversation of greatest all time. ?

So, right now Mahommes leads the league in yards and is third in TDs. According to Wiley's logic, Brees should have won the MVP in 2008, 2011 and 2012 when he lead the league in yards and TDs. And, in striking similarity to Mahommes's current rankings, Brees should have won in 2016 when he lead the league in yards and was third in TDs.

I get that these guys get paid to debate but somebody needs to tweet Marcellus Wiley and ask him if the MVP awards need to get taken away from Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, AP and Matt Ryan since Brees was statistically better in the only two categories that Wiley thinks are important.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but:

> Mahomes has 6 more TD's and only 200 more yards passing. That's pretty much the only thing he's got here
> Brees has had a much much tougher schedule
> Brees is completing 77% of his passes. That's absurd
> QB Rating is nearly 10 points higher for Drew

I like the point Tony made that you can definitely say the RB situation helps Drew Brees but that goes both ways. If it was just RBs here, folks would stack the box and figure out a way to stop Ingram & Kamara. They can't because Drew will shred you deep if you do.

Also consider that in our last 2 games, we've been in slow mo in the 4th quarter for the past two games because we scored so much and the defense kept them from keeping pace with us. You can watch Drew Brees and KNOW he could put up 60 points a game if we didn't let off the gas. Its absolutely ridiculous. There's still a lot of football to play but I don't think its much of a question right now.

1542666136783.png

The slow realization that the falcons MIGHT not be the leading super bowl contenders

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but:

> Mahomes has 6 more TD's and only 200 more yards passing. That's pretty much the only thing he's got here
> Brees has had a much much tougher schedule
> Brees is completing 77% of his passes. That's absurd
> QB Rating is nearly 10 points higher for Drew

I like the point Tony made that you can definitely say the RB situation helps Drew Brees but that goes both ways. If it was just RBs here, folks would stack the box and figure out a way to stop Ingram & Kamara. They can't because Drew will shred you deep if you do.

Also consider that in our last 2 games, we've been in slow mo in the 4th quarter for the past two games because we scored so much and the defense kept them from keeping pace with us. You can watch Drew Brees and KNOW he could put up 60 points a game if we didn't let off the gas. Its absolutely ridiculous. There's still a lot of football to play but I don't think its much of a question right now.

1542666136783.png

Also, people in the media fail to mention that Mahomes still hasn't had his bye week.

PS. Just remembered those were Mahomes stats before the Monday night game. Still Brees could pass him in yards before the season is over. Then the only argument would be TDs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom