The Media Narrative Is Starting to Shift (1 Viewer)

If
That look on “Carl Winslow’s” face when Tony was talking about Drew being in the conversation of greatest all time. ?

Tony Gonzales was actually arguing that Drew was the greatest of all time. He went a step further and was adamant about it.

Drew Brees has this team scoring at an obliterating record pace for points per drive at 3.67. No one in history has come close to that. The Chiefs are at 3.38.

I can't. I just can't anymore. I can't hear another rambling, incoherent MVP conversation between a group of men who are instructed to be contrarian by their producers.

I want the Chiefs to win tonight. I want Mahomes to do whatever it takes to knock the Rams further behind us. I don't care that it'll just artificially shift the narrative consensus back to Mahomes. I just want the Rams to go down.

If the quest for an MVP is fueling Brees historic season, then keep trucking, brother! But i can't keep up with this shifting narrative. Wiley's arguments were absurd. Completely and utterly absurd. Shannon Sharpes arguments have been absurd week to week.

I don't want Brees to win the MVP because it's an absolute joke of an award. The debate has removed what little credibility that award had left.

Let Brees be Super Bowl MVP.

This probably changes after tonight, but take a look at these and tell me which QB is currently hotter, and MVP?
QB 1: 974 Yards, 11 TD, 0 Int, 75.8% Completion percentage, 149.5 QBR Over last 3 Weeks
QB 2: 927 Yards, 9 TD, 2 Int, 72.3% Completion Percentage, 126.5 QBR Over last 3 weeks.

QB 1 has yards, TD, Int, Completion, QBR. Seems like the clear QB, right? That's Drew Brees! He's playing at an insane pace, and no matter what the media says, if he keeps playing this way, and Mahomes keeps going the way he's going, I think Drew wraps it up definitively by the end of the year.

Uh-huh, it is. I think it pains some of them because they look like arse hats NOT saying anything ... or saying something negative #ShannonJarJarBinksSharpe

And there we have the real talk at the end - it's all about selling the brand

I don't even care about this completely useless award.

Matty "Poop Stain" Ryan has this award.

Cam "I don't dive on fumbles" Newton has one.

Neither have ever hoisted a Lombardi Trophy.

Getting this award would put his name in the same vein as theirs, and I would rather him stand alone, with 2 SUPER BOWL MVPs!

Last edited:
Someone needs to bring up all those seasons when Drew did put up those numbers....and didn't get MVP...and ask him to explain.

I don't think any explanation would be necessary. Wiley is a smart guy. His argument is strong and I understand it. I have no doubt that during the years Brees led in yards and TDs he would make the same argument for Brees to have won.

It really doesn't matter anyway. By the end of the year, I'd bet whatever we want that Brees has passed Mahones in at least one of the yards/TD categories if not both. And, when Brees is sitting at 4800 yards 38 Tds, 3 Ints, and a 75% completion rate, Wiley will be wearing a 9 jersey just like everyone else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom