The most ridiculous Tom Brady stat you'll ever see (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Most playoff wins by team:

1. Patriots - 37
2. Packers - 36
.....Steelers - 36
4. Cowboys - 35
5. 49ers - 34

Tom Brady has 35

If he goes on to win the Super Bowl, he'll be at the top of this list all by himself. If he loses the Super Bowl, he'll be tied at the top.

Most playoff wins by team:

1. Patriots - 37
2. Packers - 36
.....Steelers - 36
4. Cowboys - 35
5. 49ers - 34

Tom Brady has 35

If he goes on to win the Super Bowl, he'll be at the top of this list all by himself. If he loses the Super Bowl, he'll be tied at the top.
Several of those were games where he DID NOT carry the team, but was along for the ride.

Nevertheless, overall, you’ve got to give him his props. 🤔

:gosaints:

If the tuck game plus the 2018 NFC CG weren't enough to help y'all see that the NFL (at the very least sometimes) picks and chooses whom wins games and that a Pats dynasty is great for ratings then I don't know what to tell ya. Somehow, no one could ever win a 5th SB (QB-wise, that is) yet suddenly some dude can just win 7? He's a skilled QB but there's basically zero way to tell how much is him and how much is the league willing it into existence. There will always be a massive asterisk on his supposed accomplishments.

There is absolutely no asterisk on any of Brady’s accomplishments. He is the best ever to play the game at that position. I really dislike the whole “weak division”, “referee favouritism”, etc narrative as an attempt to delegitimise Brady’s unprecedented accomplishments. To win a Super Bowl you’ve got to beat a succession of high-calibre opponents. The pieces around him have continued to change but he has been the one constant (together with Belichick until the most recent success, anyway). You might fluke a postseason win but you don’t fluke a dynasty.

I’m also staggered this nonsense wasn’t put to rest after he switched to the NFC, got a wild card spot, went on the road throughout the whole playoffs, beat the #1 and #2 seeds and then stomped a team with the league’s most prolific offense in the SB.

It’s been debated here before and doesn’t withstand much informed scrutiny. I feel the same way when people say the Saints’ Super Bowl has an asterisk because of Bountygate and the totally unfounded perception that the league engineered that result because of Katrina.

Last edited:
There is absolutely no asterisk on any of Brady’s accomplishments. He is the best ever to play the game at that position. I really dislike the whole “weak division”, “referee favouritism”, etc narrative as an attempt to delegitimise Brady’s unprecedented accomplishments. To win a Super Bowl you’ve got to beat a succession of high-calibre opponents. The pieces around him have continued to change but he has been the one constant (together with Belichick until the most recent success, anyway). You might fluke a postseason win but you don’t fluke a dynasty.

I’m also staggered this nonsense wasn’t put to rest after he switched to the NFC, got a wild card spot, went on the road throughout the whole playoffs, beat the #1 and #2 seeds and then stomped a team with the league’s most prolific offense in the SB.

It’s been debated here before and doesn’t withstand much informed scrutiny. I feel the same way when people say the Saints’ Super Bowl has an asterisk because of Bountygate and the totally unfounded perception that the league engineered that result because of Katrina.
Just imagine if Marino, Elway, Montana had played under today’s rules where you can’t touch the QB and the Receivers. They might have thrown for 10,000 yards per season. Now imagine them with a top 5 defense for their entire careers. They might have won 7 Super Bowls too.
Tom Brady is the greatest QB of the last 20 years and certainly the most accomplished QB ever but he wouldn’t have lasted 10 years under the old rules as immobile as he is. But he is not the best QB to me.
Oh and he had very little to do with last years playoff wins. That defensive front 7 against three teams with injured offensive lines would have carried about 15 QBs to the Super Bowl.

Brady gets the calls. He always has.

Sure he's good. But he always gets the calls.

For the period 2009-2021, including the post-season, Brady has received one more roughing the passer call than Drew Brees. In totality. Despite having played 39 more games during that stretch.

Moreover, Brees received 40% of his overall RTP penalties on third down plays putting him at 16 out of 61 eligible QBs in this sample (minimum 40 games). That is, the drive-extending calls. Brady comes in at barely over half that number. Only 24% of the penalty flags thrown in Brady’s favour for RTP came on third down, which puts him at 46/61 or in the lowest third for NFL QBs over that timeframe.

It’s not a complete picture but to suggest Brady has only won 35 career postseason games due to the officials is not at all borne out by the facts.

Your post is like yelling "The sky is red!" at a blue sky and hoping it'll turn red to match the statement coming out of your mouth. Spygate, Deflategate, the destruction of a cell phone likely brimming with incriminating evidence. Be a Brady fan if you want but please try to not get so delusional about it.

Just imagine if Marino, Elway, Montana had played under today’s rules where you can’t touch the QB and the Receivers. They might have thrown for 10,000 yards per season. Now imagine them with a top 5 defense for their entire careers. They might have won 7 Super Bowls too.
Tom Brady is the greatest QB of the last 20 years and certainly the most accomplished QB ever but he wouldn’t have lasted 10 years under the old rules as immobile as he is. But he is not the best QB to me.
Oh and he had very little to do with last years playoff wins. That defensive front 7 against three teams with injured offensive lines would have carried about 15 QBs to the Super Bowl.
New England had the league’s 31st ranked defense (by DVOA) in 2017. They made the Super Bowl.

They were ranked 27th in 2005, they made the divisional round.

They were ranked 30th in 2011. They made the Super Bowl.

They were ranked 21st in 2010, the Pats went 14-2 and then lost in the divisional round.

I could go on. Yes, he has had the benefit of some excellent defences - on the whole better than what Drew had (though our 2017-2020 defences were very good) - but the suggestion that they deserve credit for his postseason success disregards the fact that the Pats still succeeded with Brady when the defense wasn’t especially good.

For the period 2009-2021, including the post-season, Brady has received one more roughing the passer call than Drew Brees. In totality. Despite having played 39 more games during that stretch.

Moreover, Brees received 40% of his overall RTP penalties on third down plays putting him at 16 out of 61 eligible QBs in this sample (minimum 40 games). That is, the drive-extending calls. Brady comes in at barely over half that number. Only 24% of the penalty flags thrown in Brady’s favour for RTP came on third down, which puts him at 46/61 or in the lowest third for NFL QBs over that timeframe.

It’s not a complete picture but to suggest Brady has only won 35 career postseason games due to the officials is not at all borne out by the facts.
That's a good post. However I did not suggest Brady has only won 35 career postseason games due to officials calling roughing the passer.
What I suggested is Brady just gets the calls. He's their superstar. Interference, defensive holding, hands to the face, late hits, the ball was incomplete, not a fumble, whatever. If there's a judgement call, it usually goes his way. They named a rule after this guy.

He just gets the calls.

Your post is like yelling "The sky is red!" at a blue sky and hoping it'll turn red to match the statement coming out of your mouth. Spygate, Deflategate, the destruction of a cell phone likely brimming with incriminating evidence. Be a Brady fan if you want but please try to not get so delusional about it.
This is just sour grapes. It’s really no different to people who want to reiterate Bountygate at every opportunity. Honestly, how do you distinguish that, the NFL investigation and subsequent sanctions levied against our team versus Deflategate? Aside from the fact that Bountygate was (based on league findings) far more serious, systemic and the penalties much harsher. Or are these things only relevant when they don’t involve the Saints?

I also find it bizarre that in a league with such ridiculously lenient rules around PEDs that so many people are so quick to bring up the air pressure of a football, like that’s where we draw the line as to what constitutes an unfair competitive advantage. If Mark Ingram or David Onyemata were Olympic athletes they’d have been banned from competition for four years - if not longer. But it seems we just accept that as part and parcel of NFL warfare.

Set the PSI of a football so it’s within the permissible range according to NFL rules at the time of inflation but so it’s outside the lower end of it by the time it’s tossed to the QB on the field, however, and all of a sudden you’re part of a criminal enterprise.

If only Saints Report existed in the 1920s so we could all participate in endless posts about Babe Ruth’s obviously corked bats.

Last edited:
Yeah... but we still have some dingleberries that think he's not the GOAT...

I mean sure he holds (or will hold) nearly every passing record ever recorded, he will have played at an All-Pro level into his mid-40s, and he would have won more SBs than any other player...

But to me... this right here... His playoff record... is one of the most impressive things about his career. When the games matter, he shows up... that's how I define greatness...

Hate away I guess.... Dude is the best ever, and I don't like saying it... but it's a fact.

Last edited:

He is not the best to ever play the position. There have been better QBs, they just didn't have the team success he had.

You may not like the negative narrative that surrounds him, but he was a part of teams that cheated and that doesn't go away. The divisional argument is a valid one. When you win your division every year and get to rest players and have a bye, that's a huge advantage in the playoffs. Not to mention it's easier to have home field advantage and have teams coming up to a snowy Foxborough to play you. You can't ignore that.

Nobody can logically say Brady isn't one of the best to ever play the position. But the number of rings you have doesn't make you the best in any team sport. That logic only works in individual sports like golf or tennis when your success on game day is solely up to you. If we measured the greatest by rings then alot would change in every team sport.

No way this Tompa team beats GB in Lambeau again. Too many injuries on the offensive side of the ball, and Rodgers is on a mission.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom