The MVP this week goes to the schedule makers (1 Viewer)

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
Since there seems to be a solid contingent of our fanbase who feels like the NFL loses sleep at night thinking of ways to stick it to the Saints, how about giving credit where credit is due?

If they had truly wanted to be petty, they could have very easily put us in the Saturday night spot presently occupied by Tampa Bay and Washington.

I have no idea if they already had some type of formula for this in place.....but either way, it would have sucked if the best player in the NFL had to miss a playoff game by 1 day.

I think Buffalo got screwed in the scheduling. Had this been a regular season, both the Saints and Bills would have been off this weekend. To make either one play on Saturday is wrong. They should have at least been given the most days between last weekend and this weekend games. Buffalo and the Saints both should be playing on Sunday. I am glad for the Saints. Hope this little positive streak continues.

I attribute this to the star power of Brady and the networks draw to him over Godell's petty fued with Sean Payton. The idea the Saints even have to play this week rather than having a bye is the NFL sticking it to us.
What a terrible take. You realize the nfl didn't decide to give just one bye after the saints lost the #1 seed right?

I love when some of our fans make those silly blanket statements as if they actually know what they're talking about.

And I'm still not quite sure why they think Goodell is just so in love with Brady. Spygate, Deflategate....... It's not like Brady and the Pats always made his job super easy.

While I do agree with your take for the most part, there’s zero doubt that many years of Brady’s career or his career as a Pat they played under “The Brady Rules” as it’s called in the gambling community. Where they’d get the benefit of a ton more calls than their opponent especially when it indirectly benefited Brady.

What a terrible take. You realize the nfl didn't decide to give just one bye after the saints lost the #1 seed right?

I know right? The 1 seed being the only team with a bye was decided on in the off season. So after making the change the league would have then had to manipulate games in order to make sure the Saints got the 2 seed. lol

I know right? The 1 seed being the only team with a bye was decided on in the off season. So after making the change the league would have then had to manipulate games in order to make sure the Saints got the 2 seed. lol

Exactly. All of these things can be true:

1. We were robbed of a Super Bowl appearance in 2018

2. There is an overwhelming amount of evidence that, in general we are officiated differently than other teams

3. We caught a break here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom