The Myrtles in St. Francesville (1 Viewer)

Madhunter

Subscribing Member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Any of you ever been there? Some friends went to stay the night on their anniversary last year. Couldn't stay the night, said it was too creepy, and told a pretty cool ghost story.
Was thinking of taking Sharongene there for the weekend this spring.
I don't believe in ghosts really, just thought it'd be fun. Plus, it looks really nice. :)

Any of you ever been there? Some friends went to stay the night on their anniversary last year. Couldn't stay the night, said it was too creepy, and told a pretty cool ghost story.
Was thinking of taking Sharongene there for the weekend this spring.
I don't believe in ghosts really, just thought it'd be fun. Plus, it looks really nice. :)

I stayed there with some friends of mine and didn't see or anything creepy or scary. Then again, I don't believe in ghosts. I appreciated it more for its historical value more than anything else.

It's been a little over 10 years since, but I'm sure it's still as nice as when we stayed there.

I stayed there with some friends of mine and didn't see or anything creepy or scary. Then again, I don't believe in ghosts. I appreciated it more for its historical value more than anything else.

It's been a little over 10 years since, but I'm sure it's still as nice as when we stayed there.

I have a cousin who is into ghosts and all things paranormal, and one year he spent the night and set up cameras all over the place. They didn't see anything.

I went there a couple of years ago. I didn't spend the night, but I did go to their gift shop, where they offered guided tours of the residence. They were very quick to add that they would not talk about ghosts or the paranormal. We passed.

I had a friend whose parents stayed the weekend there a couple years ago.. They didn't experience anything paranormal firsthand, but upon examination of one of the photos they took, it seems pretty obvious something else was there with them.. They took a shot of the courtyard, and in the background you can make out a figure.. You can clearly see that the figure is wearing a pair of overalls and can make out some of the figure's head.. I had the picture on my old computer, and I may still have it somewhere.. It was also on the old SR server, but I can't do a search over there..

I have stayed there several time and I heard/saw some creepy stuff a couple of time but usually, nothing. It is a nice place and it is pretty creepy.
Don't let Reb lie to you, he was scared.

LOL!! Thanks. I'll post up the story my pals told me in a little bit. :)

Our friends went to spend their anniversary at the Myrtles. I'd never heard of the place till I saw it on a TV show. While talking about it at work, the friend said "Keith and I went there this year, didn't stay though." Why not I asked. She then tells the story of the first, and only night, they were there.
"We had dinner, it was really good, took a tour of the place. It is really pretty. We were looking forward to the weekend there. That night, I was already in bed, waiting for Keith to get out of the shower when I heard footsteps comming across the room towards the bed, I thought it was Keith, so I didn't open my eyes. Then I felt the weight of a person sitting across my legs, thinking what the heck is he doing, get off of me I said as I opend my eyes, when I did look, nobody was there, and I still couldn't move my legs! I hollered for Keith, and he came into the room. He could see the impression of someone sitting across my legs, and the bed. Then, it got up, and walked back the way it came. We never saw anything.
It only took a few minutes to get our stuff together and get out of there."

Close as I could get to the story, just about verbatem anyway. Of course, I think it's all in her head, and Keith was messing with her somehow.

Haunted or Not ?

Hey look, everything that your talking about, I just got finished making a site for. Its a forum some what like this. You can post your videos, audio's, and even pictures of ghosts on here. You can post your story's as well. Its called www.hauntedhoax.com Like I said its brand spanking new but I need members and I think it could be really big.

Our friends went to spend their anniversary at the Myrtles. I'd never heard of the place till I saw it on a TV show. While talking about it at work, the friend said "Keith and I went there this year, didn't stay though." Why not I asked. She then tells the story of the first, and only night, they were there.
"We had dinner, it was really good, took a tour of the place. It is really pretty. We were looking forward to the weekend there. That night, I was already in bed, waiting for Keith to get out of the shower when I heard footsteps comming across the room towards the bed, I thought it was Keith, so I didn't open my eyes. Then I felt the weight of a person sitting across my legs, thinking what the heck is he doing, get off of me I said as I opend my eyes, when I did look, nobody was there, and I still couldn't move my legs! I hollered for Keith, and he came into the room. He could see the impression of someone sitting across my legs, and the bed. Then, it got up, and walked back the way it came. We never saw anything.
It only took a few minutes to get our stuff together and get out of there."

Close as I could get to the story, just about verbatem anyway. Of course, I think it's all in her head, and Keith was messing with her somehow.
Obviously, the only reasonable excuse is that Harry Potter was sitting on her in his invisibilty cloak...

I stayed there once. I didn't see any ghosts and I was tripping on acid at the time. You would think that if anybody was going to see a ghost it would be me tripping, but noooo.

It's a pretty place though. When you look at the trees long enough they all start to get rubbery looking and then start to melt. It's awesome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom