The Name That TV Show Game (New and Improved: All Trivia Welcome) (7 Viewers)

UndeadSnoopy

Coffin Sexy
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I have work I need to be doing now but I'm just not feeling it.

To my knowledge, this kind of thread has not been done here in nearly a decade so it's time to resurrect.

Even if it has been done more recently and I missed it on my search, I was the first to do the "movie quotes" game under another screen name though I can't find the thread. So I consider it my intellectual property regardless.

This game depends on the honor system so no internet searches please.

Anywho, the concept is simple:

Name a character(s) or a quote from a TV show. The next person names the show correctly then posts another TV show.

Easy peasy.

Speaking of easy, I'll lob a softball right down the middle to start things off:

Gangy and Pop-Pop

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Very good. It really was an underrated flick. I watched it again about a week ago.

Really? I haven’t seen Phenomenon in a while, but I remember it being a very average movie.. BUT i remember Travolta being very good in it.. for whatever reason, he is always fun to watch onscreen.. but the film itself just never did it for me.. maybe i just have a hard time suspending disbelief for the supernatural stuff.

SoggyBottomBoy

I'm with you fellers.
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Really? I haven’t seen Phenomenon in a while, but I remember it being a very average movie.. BUT i remember Travolta being very good in it.. for whatever reason, he is always fun to watch onscreen.. but the film itself just never did it for me.. maybe i just have a hard time suspending disbelief for the supernatural stuff.
Quite the opposite for me. I really liked it because there was a plausible explanation for "phenomenon." Whitaker, Duvall and Sedwig made a good cast. And I tend to like movies with a character that has freakish smarts or strength, etc. I like Good Will Hunting for the same reason.

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Quite the opposite for me. I really liked it because there was a plausible explanation for "phenomenon." Whitaker, Duvall and Sedwig made a good cast. And I tend to like movies with a character that has freakish smarts or strength, etc. I like Good Will Hunting for the same reason.
A Beautiful Mind also examined those "freakish smarts" as did Rain Man. Autistic savantism (is that a real word) still just boggles my mind and makes me wonder how much of our brains we can really tap into.

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A Beautiful Mind also examined those "freakish smarts" as did Rain Man. Autistic savantism (is that a real word)
I dunno but it sounds well (heh). I've been binge watching the Smithsonian Channel. I've now quite literally forgotten more than I ever knew.

OP
OP
UndeadSnoopy

UndeadSnoopy

Coffin Sexy
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Two of the lead actors in this film once played the same character in the same movie.

Mallory's husband

Harvey Dent

"Just how dangerous is he?"
"Compared to what? The bubonic plague?”

Murdered his daughter by throwing her over a cliff.

Cormac

Last edited:

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Two of the lead actors in this film once played the same character in the same movie.

Mallory's husband

Harvey Dent

"Just how dangerous is he?"
"Compared to what? The bubonic plague?”

Murdered his daughter by throwing her over a cliff.

Cormac
No country for old men

eta. I dont think I know the first clue

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In what American city can you find the tallest statue on top of any building in the world? (Hint: the show "Dispatches From Elsewhere" takes place here)

Marty_Graw

Don't Rain on My Parade
Reaction score
Don't mean to derail this thread, but has anyone heard from Joshua (Humperdoo) lately? Hadn't seen him post in at least a week (which is unlike him) so I pm'd him yesterday to see how he is doing, but he has not responded. Just wondering if any of you have spoken with him offline recently.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Headlines

Top Bottom