The Name That TV Show Game (New and Improved: All Trivia Welcome) (7 Viewers)

Alex didn't tell me that.

So it was broadcast in1947. That got me curious as to which company broadcast it. It was NBC which was the first US network company in 1947 servicing NY, Philly, and DC. Makes sense. CBS and ABC followed later. But I stumbled onto another little bit of trivia:

When did cable TV arrive on the scene?

So it was broadcast in1947. That got me curious as to which company broadcast it. It was NBC which was the first US network company in 1947 servicing NY, Philly, and DC. Makes sense. CBS and ABC followed later. But I stumbled onto another little bit of trivia:

When did cable TV arrive on the scene?

I remember it being much earlier than I thought.

1978?

I remember it being much earlier than I thought.

1978?
You are probably thinking of the first cable network (via satellite) which was HBO in 1975. Cable TV was originally to get network TV signals to areas that could not get them via antenna over the airwaves.

Last edited:
You are probably thinking of the first cable network (via satellite) which was HBO in 1975. Cable TV was originally to get network TV signals to areas that could not get them via antenna over the airwaves.

Yeah. I was thinking HBO.

I just read up on cable history. It reminds me of different versions of when the internet started.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I was thinking HBO.

I just read up on cable history. It reminds me of different versions of when the internet started.

The first time I accessed the internet was the early '90s via the mainframe of the company I worked for. There was no web browser at the time. I believe the first browser I used was called "Mosaic". The first search engine I remember using was "Lycos"

The first time I accessed the internet was the early '90s via the mainframe of the company I worked for. There was no web browser at the time. I believe the first browser I used was called "Mosaic". The first search engine I remember using was "Lycos"
Kids don't know the dulcet tones of the dial-up modem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom