DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
Interesting, so it looks like the combined company will run 4 drivers/cars in the '22 season. Kurt Busch, Ross Chastain, Daniel Suarez and a driver TBD.

from my understanding Urt is leaving

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
Ah, well then, I guess they need another driver for the 1 car then.

I'll see if I can find more info or Chuck can likely answer but from what I have seen/read it could be they're taking over CGN but not necessarily keeping the drivers. kind of like just equipment type thing.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll see if I can find more info or Chuck can likely answer but from what I have seen/read it could be they're taking over CGN but not necessarily keeping the drivers. kind of like just equipment type thing.
Makes sense. Curious to see who goes where. This seems like a team that wants to go places. Probably too soon, but they could consider bringing on Hallie Deegan. That would make waves in Cup circles. She'd need a competitive season in '22 to make that happen though.

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
Makes sense. Curious to see who goes where. This seems like a team that wants to go places. Probably too soon, but they could consider bringing on Hallie Deegan. That would make waves in Cup circles. She'd need a competitive season in '22 to make that happen though.

Ok so way I understand it is they bought all of CGN and the "charters" for 2 cup drivers. The team they have this year is a "charter" from another race team.

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Wow big move.

I like how Marks is doing this. Suarez said at the beginning of the season that Trackhouse was really well organized and was going to outperform but many thought he was just rah-rah’ing his team. But they’ve been really impressive.

It’s move that stays within Chevy.

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Ok so way I understand it is they bought all of CGN and the "charters" for 2 cup drivers. The team they have this year is a "charter" from another race team.
Yeah so here’s the deal: the charter TH got from Spire was going away after this year. They’re buying CGR and two charters so they’ll have two cars.

Suarez is already signed. I agree with Bob that I had heard that Kurt was leaving (he’s a free agent). Ross will probably stay in the 42 and Suarez will drive the 1, but that’s just my guess.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah so here’s the deal: the charter TH got from Spire was going away after this year. They’re buying CGR and two charters so they’ll have two cars.

Suarez is already signed. I agree with Bob that I had heard that Kurt was leaving (he’s a free agent). Ross will probably stay in the 42 and Suarez will drive the 1, but that’s just my guess.

The charter for the 99 car is going away? So they're essentially going from one car to 2? I guess I read all that wrong. Good info. I'm not really a Pitbull fan, but he's definitely brought a new flavor to Nascar and I like it. They seem to be legit taking this seriously. And Suarez has definitely acquitted himself well. The 1 and 42 cars have had some decent performances here and there, so the CGR equipment should be good. Considering how new TR is, they seem to have a solid plan.

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The charter for the 99 car is going away? So they're essentially going from one car to 2? I guess I read all that wrong. Good info. I'm not really a Pitbull fan, but he's definitely brought a new flavor to Nascar and I like it. They seem to be legit taking this seriously. And Suarez has definitely acquitted himself well. The 1 and 42 cars have had some decent performances here and there, so the CGR equipment should be good. Considering how new TR is, they seem to have a solid plan.
It is going away from Trackhouse. Spire owns it and apparently they are leasing it to Kaulig in 2022

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Great race today - Kurt can still race the wheels off. And it’s cool how far he’s come with this personality - I think he’s pretty generally liked at this point, which is cool. I like him, he’s a good guy to have in Nascar. Some think he’s going to be the second car at 23-11, we’ll see. That would be a good move for them, not sure about for him.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great race today - Kurt can still race the wheels off. And it’s cool how far he’s come with this personality - I think he’s pretty generally liked at this point, which is cool. I like him, he’s a good guy to have in Nascar. Some think he’s going to be the second car at 23-11, we’ll see. That would be a good move for them, not sure about for him.
Yeah, I didn't think he'd catch Kyle when he gave up the lead during the last pit under green. He was patient and stuck with it. They need to fix that track tho.

Should be another interesting off-season with a few teams making some changes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread