OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Brad to Roush (6 car?). Cindric in the 2, Harrison Burton in the 21.

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting. Newman retiring?

Hasn’t been announced but the speculation is Brad in the 6, whether that means Newman retires is unclear.

Brad is going to Roush because they gave him and ownership interrest.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hasn’t been announced but the speculation is Brad in the 6, whether that means Newman retires is unclear.

Brad is going to Roush because they gave him and ownership interrest.
Oh right, I forgot about the ownership bit. Interesting to see active drivers getting on the ownership train. I know Kyle Busch and Hamlin are others who are already at least part owner/drivers.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
wouldn't surprise me.
Yeah, I thought he was going to after that fiery crash last year. With his wife and kids, and him not getting any younger, might be a good time for him to call it a career.

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oh right, I forgot about the ownership bit. Interesting to see active drivers getting on the ownership train. I know Kyle Busch and Hamlin are others who are already at least part owner/drivers.

I don’t think Kyle has any Cup ownership interest.

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Feel for Matt, he’s such a good guy - just having to work so hard to get and keep a seat. He might end up at Daugherty.

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Is this the last race before the playoffs start? I thought the last race was supposed to be a road course? Watkins Glen or something?

There’s five regular season races left. Loudon, Glen, Indy (road), Michigan, and then a final chance to qualify for playoffs with the 400 at Daytona.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There’s five regular season races left. Loudon, Glen, Indy (road), Michigan, and then a final chance to qualify for playoffs with the 400 at Daytona.
Thanks, I must have been thinking of the trucks or something. I saw one of the leagues had 1 race left before playoffs. 5 races is plenty. Race for the playoffs should be interesting.

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, I must have been thinking of the trucks or something. I saw one of the leagues had 1 race left before playoffs. 5 races is plenty. Race for the playoffs should be interesting.

12 drivers have won races to automatically qualify. If new drivers win, especially if it comes from outside of the current top 16, it will get really interesting.

And with two road courses and a superspeedway, it’s possible to get an unexpected winner.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
12 drivers have won races to automatically qualify. If new drivers win, especially if it comes from outside of the current top 16, it will get really interesting.

And with two road courses and a superspeedway, it’s possible to get an unexpected winner.
Yeah, sort of like McDowell winning Daytona. Wallace will need to win to get in. I hope he can. Kurt was on the bubble. Since he's locked it up, it's gonna be game on for those last 4 spots. But yeah, clearly anyone outside current top 16, will have to win to get in. Pretty large gap between current 16 and 17 spots.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread