The Nascar Thread (2 Viewers)

Cup cars get 7 sets? That seems like a lot.

They got 10 at Atlanta earlier this year (last run on that surface, highly abrasive).

Usually about 7 or 8 is typical but it’s track dependent. They only got 5 for the Bristol dirt race.

They got 10 at Atlanta earlier this year (last run on that surface, highly abrasive).

Usually about 7 or 8 is typical but it’s track dependent. They only got 5 for the Bristol dirt race.
Yeah, I guess I was comparing to the other races which I realize are a bit shorter, but 4 compared to seven seems a bigger difference than race distance.

Yeah, I guess I was comparing to the other races which I realize are a bit shorter, but 4 compared to seven seems a bigger difference than race distance.

I see what you mean now. It’s close (200/7 is just three laps average less than 125/4, which is six miles).

It’s possible that Cup cars are harder on tires but MIS will have the low-power package so it’s likely not due to horsepower. Probably most likely due to cost-limiting efforts more than anything else.

Great onboard with Jr in a race he won at MIS in 2006. Listen how long he’s off the gas in 3 and 4! Just sailing it through. Dale was always good there.

Pretty wild truck race at Gateway including a lengthy power outage. Deegan finishes career-best 7th after multiple wrecks up front.

Pretty wild truck race at Gateway including a lengthy power outage. Deegan finishes career-best 7th after multiple wrecks up front.
Good for her. She's showed pretty well the last couple of races. Was hanging around near the top 10 last race and then finishing 7th tonight. She's doing pretty well. I think the dvr recorded the race, so I'll watch a bit of it tomorrow.

Xfinity race was awesome -great racing all day. Josh Berry was fantastic - a shame he only came home 5th.

Xfinity race was awesome -great racing all day. Josh Berry was fantastic - a shame he only came home 5th.
Yeah, he was in great position to win until that late caution before OT. He had a hell of a run up to that point. The moves he made to grab the lead were awesome, ballsy even.

If that race is any indication, the Cup race today should be pretty good.

I like Jones, but I don't know how far he can get with RPM. And I'm an RPM fan. They've just been doing this a while and regardless who drives, they tend to have middling success at best.

I like Jones, but I don't know how far he can get with RPM. And I'm an RPM fan. They've just been doing this a while and regardless who drives, they tend to have middling success at best.

So what does that tell you?

I think Erik is the most capable they’ve had in some time .

So what does that tell you?

I think Erik is the most capable they’ve had in some time .
Well, it sure seems like an equipment issue. But really, I don't know how much the equipment varies from team to team since the rules and tolerances in Nascar are so closely monitored.

Well, it sure seems like an equipment issue. But really, I don't know how much the equipment varies from team to team since the rules and tolerances in Nascar are so closely monitored.

It varies a lot.

The template and tolerances keep the cars on the same playing field, but there's still a lot of room for setup variation and for other ingenuity to make speed.

Plus the top teams have to most resources to monitor their engineering, run simulators, train pit crews, etc. There are equipment differences and then there are team-resource differences as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom