The Nascar Thread (3 Viewers)

I didn't know a whole lot about the 45 in Nascar, but apparently it's got some history. I want to say it was a Petty number at some point? I know the 43 is the big one, but not as familiar with the 45.

Lee Petty ran 42, Richard ran 43, Kyle ran 42 and then 44, and Kyle's son Adam ran 45. Adam died in his second season in the Busch (Xfinity) series - his throttle hung at New Hampshire and he hit the wall straight on (May 2000). The Petty legacy ended that day.

Lee Petty ran 42, Richard ran 43, Kyle ran 42 and then 44, and Kyle's son Adam ran 45. Adam died in his second season in the Busch (Xfinity) series - his throttle hung at New Hampshire and he hit the wall straight on (May 2000). The Petty legacy ended that day.
Oh yeah, I remember that. I'd forgotten Adam drove the 45. I wasn't paying much attention to racing at that time. I had wondered why they fell off the map in the last 20 years. Seeing their comments about the 45 makes more sense now. Phew, idk if I'd want to drive with that number. But I guess it was done with the 3. Still, I'd probably be a bit superstitious anyway.

Welp, I'm apparently stuck watching this Redskins Ravens preseason game. There's no other channel carrying the race live, so I gotta wait til after the game to see it. Meh.

I saw Adam run practice and race in the DirectTV 500 at TMS in his Cup debut in the 45.

Adam finished 40th, out with an engine. I had to look up his finishing position but I do remember there being a lot of talk about him and he was building a fan base. I was working as an operations manager for Sprint at the time and we sponsored the 45 so we were all rooting for him.

I was just getting into Nascar hard with the opening of TMS in 1996 and the fact that Sprint gave us tickets, pit passes etc. for the races starting sometime around that allowed me to learn a lot from the access.

It was devastating to hear about Adam's death. Who knows what kind of career he might have had? He was just getting started.

That race was awesome, and then got crazy with the first big one, then it got annoying with the second big one, then it got stupid with the 3rd . . . but Blaney won which was cool. Blaney's great, I'm a fan. The thing he does giving the flags to kids is cool AS.

That race was awesome, and then got crazy with the first big one, then it got annoying with the second big one, then it got stupid with the 3rd . . . but Blaney won which was cool. Blaney's great, I'm a fan. The thing he does giving the flags to kids is cool AS.
Yeah, I like pulling for the 12. Just seems like a pretty chill dude.

That post-wreck interview with Kyle Busch was totally Kyle Busch, lol. He didn't appreciate being t-boned, which warmed my heart.

And I wasn't paying attention, who got the last playoff spot?

Yeah, I like pulling for the 12. Just seems like a pretty chill dude.

That post-wreck interview with Kyle Busch was totally Kyle Busch, lol. He didn't appreciate being t-boned, which warmed my heart.

And I wasn't paying attention, who got the last playoff spot?

Reddick

Reddick and Harvick were last two in.

Only three drivers qualified on points.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom