The Nascar Thread (3 Viewers)

Lol, the KBM team just keeps on winning truck races. Nice assist the 4 gave the 51 truck. Fun race.

Man what a slick move by Ty Gibbs to steal the inside line from the 39 and finish out the race. That kid is driving like a seasoned vet. He's got the it factor and I can totally see him winning races at the cup level when his time comes. He just drives with no fear, and he's actually really patient most of the race and gets really aggressive in the last 20 laps or so. He's lit.

That was a fun, fun race! Tomorrow should be a blast. I think this is right in Logano's wheelhouse and I'm picking him to win.

I think Wallace does well on superspeedways and this could be a race where he gets the checkered flag too. We'll see.

Omg, crazy race. Blaney just killed Bubba on that last lap. Went from 2nd to 14th. Smh. I know he was trying to give a push but just got into him too quickly. Then the wreck knocked him back several more spots. Painful.

Love the new track. But geez, they need to fix the tire issue. Several wrecks were due to tires going down.

Chastain with yet another top 3 finish. Aric would have had another top 10 but got run off late.

So there were definitely three (Larry Mac said four) right rear tire failures. All Chevrolets.

Right rear is not the usual suspect on a tire failure. Goodyear said it is "suspicious" and they're looking into it. Of course they always look into it, it's their job and suspicious doesn't necessarily mean that something was against Nascar's rules. I think when Goodyear says suspicious they mean it suggests something happened based on how the tire was being handled in some form or another.

Goodyear gives the teams performance parameters including pressure, camber, etc. Perhaps some of the Chevys were going beyond those parameters.

So there were definitely three (Larry Mac said four) right rear tire failures. All Chevrolets.

Right rear is not the usual suspect on a tire failure. Goodyear said it is "suspicious" and they're looking into it. Of course they always look into it, it's their job and suspicious doesn't necessarily mean that something was against Nascar's rules. I think when Goodyear says suspicious they mean it suggests something happened based on how the tire was being handled in some form or another.

Goodyear gives the teams performance parameters including pressure, camber, etc. Perhaps some of the Chevys were going beyond those parameters.
Off the top of my head, the 1, 3, 8 and 47, maybe? But yeah, the tires, seemed like maybe a setup issue. That said all of them were at or near the front when they blew, so it seems like at some peak point, it led to too much pressure on the tires when running wide open up front.

Interesting, 3 Cup drivers will run in xfinity race at COTA.

Yeah it’s only recently that most don’t. They have changed the rules over the years beginning in 2011 to try to keep Cup drivers from “Buschwhacking”:

Mark Martin, Kyle Busch and others actually won Busch championships while also being a top Cup driver. But check out any old random Busch race from before then. For example, here’s a Busch race from 2006, it’s full of Cup drivers.

Yeah it’s only recently that most don’t. They have changed the rules over the years beginning in 2011 to try to keep Cup drivers from “Buschwhacking”:

Mark Martin, Kyle Busch and others actually won Busch championships while also being a top Cup driver. But check out any old random Busch race from before then. For example, here’s a Busch race from 2006, it’s full of Cup drivers.

Yeah, didn't realize that many drivers were doing that in the past. I kind of like it better this way because you have more open spots for drivers trying to make a name for themselves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom