The Nascar Thread (6 Viewers)

Just finished the Xfinity race. Holy crap that run and move Ty Gibbs put on the 39 to take win was impressive. He's got two wins already. I think guessed the over/under was 4 and I'd probably take the over. Looking so strong (not surprising either).

I think the base case is that he stays in Xfinity one more year, through 2023 - which isn't bad, he's 19 now and two years in Xfinity is totally fine. But what if he wins 7 or more races? Is there pressure on JGR to bring him up?

And whether he comes up for 2023 or 2024, where does he go? I think a lot of it depends on Denny. I wouldn't be surprised to see Denny go to the 45 either next year or the year after, opening up the 11 for Ty Gibbs. Other options would be the 21 or 20, depending on how those guys were doing.

But either way, Ty will be in Cup by 2024, and that means one of those three guys (Denny, CBell, or Harrison) is out of their seat. I don't see Kyle moving just yet.

Dang, Ty Gibbs just keeps on getting it done. Will start one the pole tomorrow. Kid is just stupid talented.

That said, Dinger is who I'm picking to win. Road courses are his bread and butter.

COTA qualifying done and Blaney gets the pole and Suarez missed the pole by 3 hundredths of a second.

Pulling for Suarez tomorrow in the Cup race. Trucks and xfinity races today. Hope Deegan can stay out of trouble and get a top 15 finish and get a little something going. I think I'm gonna pull for the 38 to win. Xfinity, I'm picking the 16, although Gibbs will be tough to beat.

Good grief, Deegan has the absolute worst luck. She was in the top 15-20 nearly the entire race, then a wreck happens right in front of her and hits the most vulnerable part of the truck and takes her out of the race with 12 laps left. Just brutal.

Well, I'm 2 for 2 in my predictions this weekend, lol. Zane and Dinger. I'm pulling for Suarez, but I have a hunch 22 is gonna get his first official win of the season.

Chase Elliot should be up there too. He's always been solid on the road courses.

I'll never forget the COTA race in the rain last season. What a mess, lol. Perfect weather today, so that's a nice change.

Also, I'm really curious to see how the Next Gen cars do on the road courses.

Undertaker driving pace car and interviewing Waltrip was cool.

Last edited:
Oh my gerd, that last lap was bonkers! What a finish!!!
That was some good racing/elbowing for position between those front three, Chase must have been licking his chops waiting for all three to end up in the rocks.

That was some good racing/elbowing for position between those front three, Chase must have been licking his chops waiting for all three to end up in the rocks.
Lol, indeed. I'm sure he saw what happened in the truck race the day before and it almost happened again. Kudos to Chastain for not wrecking himself there.

Tough break for Dinger tho. He's a monster on that track. Just got unlucky at the end.

And for those on twitter whining about Chastain dumping Dinger, eh, that's racing man. He didn't try to wreck him, but he did try to move him out the way. I'm good with it.

Last edited:
Finally got to watch COTA. I’m on vacation with the kids. Great race - so happy for Ross and Trackhouse. Ross’s car was great and he drove his arse off to clinch the deal. He’s really good.

I have to say when he was coming up I wasn’t sold on him being a front runner in Cup. Then in the 6 and the 42, I didn’t see anything to say he’s an out-performer. I like the guy a lot personally -just wasn’t sure he was top tier. But TH is giving him quality cars and he’s just killing it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom