The Nascar Thread (16 Viewers)

Dang, missed the reschedule, so now all of the Hendrick's have a win.

The schedule linked is correct, but not official. Basically a fan's throwback version for throwback week in Darlington. Love it!

And another tire comes off as the driver attempts to take off from the pit. They got lucky and got K Busch to stop before he left the pit and the tire didn't get away. They need to find a better system for the lock nut since they simply are not staying in the gun like they are supposed to.

• 1Like
Reactions: JLL
So I just finished watching the race. Pretty fun to watch. Track bit a bunch of top drivers. Chastain was running so good before he wrecked. Then a bunch of fast cars got knocked out with 30 laps left, including both 23x11 cars. Painful. They keep getting caught up in other people's wake.

Logano gets his first win of the season. I gotta say, Byron should have won the race with a fairly big lead. I've watched the replay and I can't blame Joey for bumping him. Watch it and you can tell Byron came out of the gas or downshifted almost as if he was brake checking Logano. It was a weird sequence. Makes me wonder if something else was going on.

Edit: Also, Byron damn near wrecked Logano on the restart and that might have been why Joey gave him a good bump from behind. I'm convinced he left like he came up a bit too quickly on Byron and just stayed committed to his line.

Here's the replay of the restart when Byron put Logano into the wall..

Last edited:
So I just finished watching the race. Pretty fun to watch. Track bit a bunch of top drivers. Chastain was running so good before he wrecked. Then a bunch of fast cars got knocked out with 30 laps left, including both 23x11 cars. Painful. They keep getting caught up in other people's wake.

Logano gets his first win of the season. I gotta say, Byron should have won the race with a fairly big lead. I've watched the replay and I can't blame Joey for bumping him. Watch it and you can tell Byron came out of the gas or downshifted almost as if he was brake checking Logano. It was a weird sequence. Makes me wonder if something else was going on.

Edit: Also, Byron damn near wrecked Logano on the restart and that might have been why Joey gave him a good bump from behind. I'm convinced he left like he came up a bit too quickly on Byron and just stayed committed to his line.

Here's the replay of the restart when Byron put Logano into the wall..

I think Joey certainly thought Byron squeezed him to the wall on the restart and that's how he took the lead - by basically forcing Joey to lift or get in the wall. The 22 had been good on the top, getting a run off and I think Joey thought the 24 basically robbed him from doing that and that's how William got the lead. And I think he's probably right.

And I also think the 22 was clearly better in the last five laps, the 24 was loose and losing time in chunks. With only a little more than a lap to go, and with the 22 being quite a bit faster and feeling like the 24 pinched him on the wall to get the lead, I can't say that I think Joey was totally out of line in bumping him out of the way.

I think Joey certainly thought Byron squeezed him to the wall on the restart and that's how he took the lead - by basically forcing Joey to lift or get in the wall. The 22 had been good on the top, getting a run off and I think Joey thought the 24 basically robbed him from doing that and that's how William got the lead. And I think he's probably right.

And I also think the 22 was clearly better in the last five laps, the 24 was loose and losing time in chunks. With only a little more than a lap to go, and with the 22 being quite a bit faster and feeling like the 24 pinched him on the wall to get the lead, I can't say that I think Joey was totally out of line in bumping him out of the way.
Yeah, it was funny in the post-race interview with Byron when he was saying he had the better car and called Joey a moron and said running through people is the only way he could win races when Joey had the better car for a large majority of the race. Byron was just being a sore lower, lol.

If anything, Byron should be mad at himself for letting Joey catch him if he has the better car like he claimed, so I don't know what the heck he's talking about, yeah.

And another tire comes off as the driver attempts to take off from the pit. They got lucky and got K Busch to stop before he left the pit and the tire didn't get away. They need to find a better system for the lock nut since they simply are not staying in the gun like they are supposed to.

But that was the only one yesterday. And the rear changer caught it right away. I still think the answer is that the tire changers just have to make sure they get it right, and Nascar apparently feels the same way (by making it such a stiff penalty that the teams will make sure they get it). With the old wheels they would use a glue to set the five lug nuts on - but sometimes the glue didn't hold when they threw the wheel over the wall and the teams had to take a bit more time to get it right. There were literally hundreds of loose lug penalties in 2020 and 2021.

I don't think anyone is entitled to a 10 second pit stop - that's only when everything goes perfectly and sometimes it doesn't. As pit times get faster, there's more room to lose time to get it right. A quick stop in F1 is below three seconds, but teams regularly pit for a full second or two longer because something didn't quite go perfectly. That's just racing.

I'm not against it if they find some improvement, but I don't see it as some failure in the system to demand that the ultimate responsibility is on the pit crew to make sure it's all good.

Haha, indeed. I think Nascar won this round. :hihi:

Fwiw, I loved the throwback theme this weekend. That was a lot of fun. The Trackhouse Coca-Cola themes on the 1 and 99 were great. The 43 looked awesome. Lots of sweet looking rides.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom