The Nascar Thread (5 Viewers)

Wow, what a race for Suarez! Trackhouse with another win. Well deserved!

First Mexican born and first Cup win in almost 200 races for Suarez. Daniel's Amigos is pretty cool! And the piñata celebration...awesome! Trackhouse owns the post race celebrations, haha.

Last edited:

@SystemShock

Idk if you're a Nascar fan, but thought you might find this interesting. :9:

Watching tv in the language you are learning does help. Although I don't know about his journey being like that of others. He is from Monterrey, NL, and his full last name is Suarez Garza, and the Garza family from NL are old money lllllllllooooooaded.

Last edited:
Got to finish the race tonight, yesterday evening was busy.

Suarez!! That was fantastic - so happy for him, and what a popular win in the garage, everyone loves Daniel. He’s such a good guy and an underrated driver.

I remember a Sirius interview before Daytona 2021 when he had just joined Trackhouse as a single-car team. He said “I believe this is the best situation I have had in Cup” and the hosts commented that it was quite a statement given he had been at JGR and SHR but Suarez said this team is built on positivity and he hoped to reward their belief in him.

What a great win!

Watching tv in the language you are learning does help. Although I don't know about his journey being like that of others. He is from Monterrey, NL, and his full last name is Suarez Garza, and the Garza family from NL are old money lllllllllooooooaded.

Daniel’s dad is a mechanic - he does restorations and made enough money to support Daniel’s early racing but I think Daniel’s primary financial support coming into Nascar was through Carlos Slim.

Daniel’s dad is a mechanic - he does restorations and made enough money to support Daniel’s early racing but I think Daniel’s primary financial support coming into Nascar was through Carlos Slim.

I thought he was one of THE Garzas, but in that case, same difference. And Slim is even more loaded than the Garzas. I don't think many Mexicans come to the U.S. to follow their dream backed up by a multibillionaire.

Also, in MX, school is free, and English is taught starting in middle school. So it's not like he learned English just by watching TV.

I am sorry, don't mean to be a jerk (it's me, so Mission Impossible :hihi:); but comments like that, bother me, on many levels.

I thought he was one of THE Garzas, but in that case, same difference. And Slim is even more loaded than the Garzas. I don't think many Mexicans come to the U.S. to follow their dream backed up by a multibillionaire.

Also, in MX, school is free, and English is taught starting in middle school. So it's not like he learned English just by watching TV.

I am sorry, don't mean to be a jerk (it's me, so Mission Impossible :hihi:); but comments like that, bother me, on many levels.

His English is quite good and certainly not just the product of watching tv as a kid - he has actually joined the announcing booth to call an Xfinity race (in English).

After he won races as a teenager in the Nascar Mexico Series, I think it was clear that he had talent - and he was accepted into the Nascar Next developmental program. You're right that most Mexicans coming to the US don't have the backing of a multi-billionaire, but in all of racing's top series it takes family wealth or financial support of benefactors. It doesn't detract from Daniel's talent that Carlos Slim backed him - I think it shows how important Slim thought it was for this young Mexican talent to have the best opportunities. It's good for Daniel, it's good for Carlos Slim, it's good for Nascar, and I hope it's good for Mexico, seems that way at least. We have Sergio Perez winning races for the best team in F1 and Daniel Suarez becoming just the fifth non-American to ever win a Nascar Cup Series race (and perhaps more).

It's a good time to a fan of Mexican race drivers.

Question is, are we gonna have 17 different winners this season? Already at 12 with plenty of races left.

Well five drivers in the top 12 (Blaney, Truex, Bell, Almirola, and Harvick) haven't won yet. And eight in the top 16 haven't won (adding Reddick, A. Dillon, Jones).

There are 10 regular season races left. I would put the over/under on those guys winning at 3.5

Well five drivers in the top 12 (Blaney, Truex, Bell, Almirola, and Harvick) haven't won yet. And eight in the top 16 haven't won (adding Reddick, A. Dillon, Jones).

There are 10 regular season races left. I would put the over/under on those guys winning at 3.5
Yeah, it's gonna be interesting those last 2-3 weeks if there's 1 slot left.

I gotta say, I hope NBC broadcasts will be better than Fox. There were several times when Fox would cut away from a key part of the race or miss significant moments in a number of races. Also, apparently something is going on with Bowyer as he missed the last broadcast without explanation and quit posting on social media. Weird.

Yeah, it's gonna be interesting those last 2-3 weeks if there's 1 slot left.

I gotta say, I hope NBC broadcasts will be better than Fox. There were several times when Fox would cut away from a key part of the race or miss significant moments in a number of races. Also, apparently something is going on with Bowyer as he missed the last broadcast without explanation and quit posting on social media. Weird.

Yeah - Fox has a production problem. The booth is decent but they make so many bad decisions in production. Lot of people are talking about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom