The Nascar Thread (4 Viewers)

Some credible info from the Newman family indicates that Ryan is sitting up and talking to physicians - but he is suffering bleeding and bruising in his brain. His longterm condition remains in question.

I'm also heartbroken by what Corey Lajoie and Ryan Blaney are going through. Blaney initially hit Newman (when Newman tried to block him low) and Lajoie was the driver that hit Newman in the driver's door as the 6 car was flipping.

Here you can really see the impact the 32 made on A-post of the 6, and how far the frame bent into the cockpit.

Wow fantastic news.

That is a MIRACLE!!! ????. What a great pic with his beautiful girls!

Heard last night on the news, that Ryan has an Engineering Degree from Purdue. So in a previous accident when his car rolled over, Ryan asked if they could put a rollover bar in the top of the car. Smart decision.

I'm pretty much a Ryan Newman fan now. Glad to see him walking around and seems like he'll be alright.

I do wonder if he'll be able to continue racing tho.

I'm pretty much a Ryan Newman fan now. Glad to see him walking around and seems like he'll be alright.

I do wonder if he'll be able to continue racing tho.

I think it depends on whether he was seriously concussed. Otherwise he might be back in the car sooner rather than later.

That is a MIRACLE!!! ????. What a great pic with his beautiful girls!

Heard last night on the news, that Ryan has an Engineering Degree from Purdue. So in a previous accident when his car rolled over, Ryan asked if they could put a rollover bar in the top of the car. Smart decision.

Yep, aeronautical engineering if I’m not mistaken. Very bright guy.

He’s always with his girls pre-race. And he’s got an very active animal rescue charity. Actually he and his wife announced their amicable split just a couple of weeks ago. She’s going to remain involved with the charity.

Didn't ryan miss most of a recent season? Or maybe that was Kyle Busch

Didn't ryan miss most of a recent season? Or maybe that was Kyle Busch

Kyle Busch missed a couple of months after a wreck at Daytona in the Xfinity car (or maybe in his truck). But he came back and qualified for the playoff— and won the championship.

I think that was 2015.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom