The Nascar Thread (2 Viewers)

Sure, but I think part of it was Cindric got too far ahead of the pack and lost the momentum, he was either getting run over or outright passed. It happens pretty often at Daytona.
I didn't say he did anything wrong, just that is what happened. I didn't see it live and only on replay.

I didn't say he did anything wrong, just that is what happened. I didn't see it live and only on replay.
Yeah, a lot of people on Reddit are whining about it saying only reason Dillon won was cuz he dumped Cindric, which really isn't true. Not saying you said it, but that's what I'm seeing.

Anyway, the real reason Dillon won was because that huge wreck took out more than half the field and of course how Blaney managed to climb almost 20 spots to get to 15th and knock Truex out of the playoffs. Daytona is such a wild track. I was pulling for Wallace, but he got collected in wrecks twice. Bad luck for him. His car was definitely fast enough.

So basically the 45 is still in on the owners side - and with the 3 winning, the 12 is out.
Right, that's pretty wild. But cool because the 45 has something to race for in the playoffs. Wonder if they're gonna stick with Ty. Could Bubba run the 45 instead?

Right, that's pretty wild. But cool because the 45 has something to race for in the playoffs. Wonder if they're gonna stick with Ty. Could Bubba run the 45 instead?

I don't think there's any rule against that - but I think it would be tricky to manage the sponsorship agreements. It's probably too much of a shakeup to try, they'll leave Ty in it.

Interesting discussion about the before and after with Wallace's crew change. The difference in average finish is marked, from 22 to just over 11. That's a huge difference. And before, he was finishing lower, after finishing higher. Crew makes a big difference.

Interesting discussion about the before and after with Wallace's crew change. The difference in average finish is marked, from 22 to just over 11. That's a huge difference. And before, he was finishing lower, after finishing higher. Crew makes a big difference.

Crew makes a difference, but also sometimes just switching things up adds a spark. I mean, the pit crew doesn't really impact starting position but you can see how the whole team was just performing better.

It's an old trick actually, every couple of years, you'll see a team do this. We've even seen mid-season crew chief swaps.

@DaveXA You were right about the 45. I guess they were able to solve the sponsor issue. Good deal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom