The Nascar Thread (5 Viewers)

Yeah, those last couple of laps were fun. Feel bad for Creed tho. He was that close to getting into the playoffs. Surprised he doesn't have a win yet.

Yeah - he’s a likable guy and a really good driver.

Larson was faster though, had that been a Cup race Larson would have dumped him. The 17 restarted 8th, that thing was a rocket. Noah was just the lucky beneficiary.

Omg, this race is crazy. Top 2 cars out due to mechanical issues. Chase out, Kyle B out, Harvick out, Truex out. Dropping like flies.

Haha, I didn't see the 43 winning. That's awesome! Jones had a fantastic race and didn't panick when the 11 was right on his tail those last couple of laps.

43! That’s cool as hell.

Erik was great there in the end, hard to keep nerves of steel like that. He’s every bit the real deal.

Not that it's too surprising or anything, but, Harvick is not a happy camper after that race and had some strong words for Nascar.

Not that it's too surprising or anything, but, Harvick is not a happy camper after that race and had some strong words for Nascar.

He’s mad because he thinks the parts are “crappy” - does he know what caused the failure or fire? He elected to drive the car on fire for two more laps, so if there’s a safety concern, not sure why he didn’t take quicker action.

I get it, he’s frustrated and feels like the new car has some crappy parts - and he’s out of the race based on that failure. Okay fine, I get that’s frustrating. The 18 didn’t hit the wall either. Nor did the 5 for that matter.

He’s mad because he thinks the parts are “crappy” - does he know what caused the failure or fire? He elected to drive the car on fire for two more laps, so if there’s a safety concern, not sure why he didn’t take quicker action.

I get it, he’s frustrated and feels like the new car has some crappy parts - and he’s out of the race based on that failure. Okay fine, I get that’s frustrating. The 18 didn’t hit the wall either. Nor did the 5 for that matter.
Yeah, it was a weird race for this late in the season with the 4, 5, 9, 18 and 19 all having mechanical issues. More than a few fans out there talking like the 18 suddenly crapping out when he was dominating the race was sus. Still hasn't signed a new deal and such.

I don't think there are any shenanigans, but...who knows.

Yeah, it was a weird race for this late in the season with the 4, 5, 9, 18 and 19 all having mechanical issues. More than a few fans out there talking like the 18 suddenly crapping out when he was dominating the race was sus. Still hasn't signed a new deal and such.

I don't think there are any shenanigans, but...who knows.

Lol

Like JGR did something to make the 18 blow up? That’s the dumbest thing I have read in days.

Seems more like a design issue flaw. This was at least the third such fire (aledgedly) caused by rubber build up on the exhaust.

Lol

Like JGR did something to make the 18 blow up? That’s the dumbest thing I have read in days.
Yeah, it's definitely dumb, but then, it's par for the course when it comes to social media banter.

Fwiw, I wish Kyle would announce already. Every week he gets the same stupid questions over and over again.

Lol

And...I read somewhere that what might have happened was an errant shift by Kyle. Which has happened to other drivers this season. Just weird if that's the reason cuz Kyle hasn't had that problem..

And...I read somewhere that what might have happened was an errant shift by Kyle. Which has happened to other drivers this season. Just weird if that's the reason cuz Kyle hasn't had that problem..

You would think that by September, they're not having the shift problem (which was basically that they were shifting the shifter up when in second gear because on the H-pattern you shift up from 2nd to 3rd - but in a sequential shifter, that's actually shifting from second to first).

But whether it was driver error or part failure, it may seem weird but what's way weirder is the idea that JGR would sabotage one of its playoff drivers (who has actually finally found some strength lately). JGR is in the business to win championships - it's the whole reason the whole damn thing exists. Coach Gibbs wants the hardware and title, and anybody that doesn't think that is grossly misreading what this is all about..

No matter what Kyle's contract situation is, Kyle Busch could easily get into form and make a deep run for the Cup. That's what JGR and all the members of the crew, and the guys at the shop, and the crew chief, and the car chief, and the competition director, and everyone in the front office all the way up to Coach want - to win the Cup. It's the only reason they do what they do.

Sabotaging Kyle Busch is such a stupid idea by internet sheet peddlers who don't realize how things work and have nothing better to do than come up with stupid conspiracies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom