The Nascar Thread (4 Viewers)

So it was announced that Deegan will debut in the Xfinity series in the 07 at the Vegas race in a couple of weeks. Good for her. She was P6 in the last truck race and I actually think Xfinity will be a better fit for her.

DAGA race to the finish without the BIG ONE. There were a couple of close runs, but no cars got out of shape and turned into the wall.

NASCAR might as well put out bids for 1 manufacture and issue identical cars to each team 2 days before the race for them to put their sponsors logo on it but no another changes can be done other than chassis adjustments. (hmmm. sounds like the old IROC races). I wish the would go back to the '70s rules with todays safety advancements.

NASCAR might as well put out bids for 1 manufacture and issue identical cars to each team 2 days before the race for them to put their sponsors logo on it but no another changes can be done other than chassis adjustments. (hmmm. sounds like the old IROC races). I wish the would go back to the '70s rules with todays safety advancements.
The Next Gen car clearly has some issues to be worked out, but I don't think they need to completely revamp it. I do think they need to figure out what's causing the injuries to drivers at the lower speeds. The car is definitely more durable and can handle more contact than in the past, but I wonder if that's the culprit for the injuries. I think some modifications can be done in the off season to address that.

There's more parity than ever and that's a good thing imo.

The Next Gen car clearly has some issues to be worked out, but I don't think they need to completely revamp it. I do think they need to figure out what's causing the injuries to drivers at the lower speeds. The car is definitely more durable and can handle more contact than in the past, but I wonder if that's the culprit for the injuries. I think some modifications can be done in the off season to address that.

There's more parity than ever and that's a good thing imo.
My understanding is it’s the back end. When they moved the transmission, to the rear in the new cars, they reinforced the the back end to protect that portion of car. Last year there were worries about the results of crash data. It’s a lil over 5 mos till the start of next season, and they’ve got to figure this out.

I absolutely could not stand the last 2-3 years of the previous car. They were flat out all time and sucked down on the track. They could knock the sheet out of each other and those cars wouldnt get loose. I think the new car has promise. It’s great for the road courses. It’s made a difference in other teams seeing more wins. I like that. I’d like to see improvement in the short track performance (MARTINSVILLE, PHEONIX. RICHMOND). Of the 5 remaining races I think 2 of them are gonna be dull. I hope I’m wrong. I don’t see why they don’t give teams leeway with shocks, spoiler angle, with more practice too.

My understanding is it’s the back end. When they moved the transmission, to the rear in the new cars, they reinforced the the back end to protect that portion of car. Last year there were worries about the results of crash data. It’s a lil over 5 mos till the start of next season, and they’ve got to figure this out.

I absolutely could not stand the last 2-3 years of the previous car. They were flat out all time and sucked down on the track. They could knock the sheet out of each other and those cars wouldnt get loose. I think the new car has promise. It’s great for the road courses. It’s made a difference in other teams seeing more wins. I like that. I’d like to see improvement in the short track performance (MARTINSVILLE, PHEONIX. RICHMOND). Of the 5 remaining races I think 2 of them are gonna be dull. I hope I’m wrong. I don’t see why they don’t give teams leeway with shocks, spoiler angle, with more practice too.
Well, Bob Pockrass tweeted out today that practices for the 23 season are not slated to change at this point, although there's still time for that to be tweaked. 15-20 minutes of practice is not near enough imo. Drivers, especially rookies need more seat time, and there will be 3 at least, Gibbs, Gragson and someone else I'm drawing a blank on at the moment. Dinger is moving to Cup full-time, but this isn't his first rodeo.

I tend to agree that Nascar should loosen the rules a bit in terms of allowing teams to tinker with parts. They can still have a range that parts need to fall within, but allowing teams to make more adjustments to the car would make things more interesting.

Iirc, this season is the last under contract with Goodyear. I'm curious to see what their tire situation will be next year. I do think they should consider allowing teams to use different types, like what F1 does. Being able to move from a hard to a soft tire would be an interesting element of the race. Maybe also consider tweaking fuel limits to change pit strategies a bit. I think there's a lot Nascar can do to make the product better and more interesting for viewers.

• 1Like
Reactions: JLL
Eh, not a fan of this decision. In theory, if he's not gonna get docked playoff points, he could do the same thing in the final race to preserve a Championship.

Eh, not a fan of this decision. In theory, if he's not gonna get docked playoff points, he could do the same thing in the final race to preserve a Championship.

It’s not a binding precedent.

Apparently they thought the rule needed clarity, so they changed it:

Last edited:
It’s not a binding precedent.

Apparently they thought the rule needed clarity, so they changed it:

They're splitting hairs, but at least they got it covered now. Bowman should have been sat down after he spun Hamlin. That said, Hamlin needs to be punished too. He's been doing some of his own shenanigans as well.

They're splitting hairs, but at least they got it covered now. Bowman should have been sat down after he spun Hamlin. That said, Hamlin needs to be punished too. He's been doing some of his own shenanigans as well.

It’s a fine line. Nascar has long held a “have at it boys just don’t fork up the race or the racetrack” standard. Where that line is isn’t always clear - but it’s far less inclined to intervene than most major sports.

This new revenue deal negotiation is a big deal. Different interests, same pot of money. Could get ugly before it gets worked out.

Btw, Adam Stern is usually the best source for the actual “business” of Nascar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom