The Nascar Thread (3 Viewers)

Btw, Adam Stern is usually the best source for the actual “business” of Nascar.

I read somewhere that the teams were actually losing money this season because of economics and the next gen car eating up a lot of costs because of wrecks and maintenance done on the cars.

Also seems a lot of pressure is on the drivers to secure endorsement deals and sponsors. I wonder how Nascar will work those factors into the current negotiations.

So, this happened at the Arca race today. Lmao. Also, congrats to Dinger on yet another win at Roval today. That was a wild race!

Wow. All the late drama wasn’t unexpected but the job the 20 did to advance was absolutely outstanding.

Wow. All the late drama wasn’t unexpected but the job the 20 did to advance was absolutely outstanding.
The belly aching and whining on Reddit by a lot of Nascar fans over that race is funny. So many butthurt and blaming Nascar, the 41, the cautions and everything else because their driver didn't get in.

I felt bad for the 99 though. Losing a power steering pump mid-race...just ruined what were good chances. He was in the top 5 until his car crapped out on him.

Some fans were saying the 41 basically blocked a line of cars to let the 14 gain enough spots to win, but I don't buy it.

Final 4 I'm going with Logano, Hamlin, Chastain and Bell.

The belly aching and whining on Reddit by a lot of Nascar fans over that race is funny. So many butthurt and blaming Nascar, the 41, the cautions and everything else because their driver didn't get in.

I felt bad for the 99 though. Losing a power steering pump mid-race...just ruined what were good chances. He was in the top 5 until his car crapped out on him.

Some fans were saying the 41 basically blocked a line of cars to let the 14 gain enough spots to win, but I don't buy it.

Final 4 I'm going with Logano, Hamlin, Chastain and Bell.

I think he did to be honest.

Pick up the lap here at about :45. That was where the 14 and 43 got racing coming on to the oval turn 2, and that allowed the 3 (with fresh tires) underneath both the 14 and 43. As they move down the backstretch, the 3 moves up into the preferred line . . . but the 41 is there, and he's slow. He ends up blocking the 3 and the 43 and the 14 goes blowing by on the inside and the 41 moves up to block both the 3 and 43.

Nascar is going to run the telemetry and video. I think there's a better than 50/50 chance there's a sanction. I don't think they're going to pull Briscoe from the final 8, but they may fine the 41.

I think he did to be honest.

Pick up the lap here at about :45. That was where the 14 and 43 got racing coming on to the oval turn 2, and that allowed the 3 (with fresh tires) underneath both the 14 and 43. As they move down the backstretch, the 3 moves up into the preferred line . . . but the 41 is there, and he's slow. He ends up blocking the 3 and the 43 and the 14 goes blowing by on the inside and the 41 moves up to block both the 3 and 43.

Nascar is going to run the telemetry and video. I think there's a better than 50/50 chance there's a sanction. I don't think they're going to pull Briscoe from the final 8, but they may fine the 41.

I hadn't seen that angle. Makes sense.

Iirc, Briscoe was already ahead of Larson at the time (before the pass), so I'd think he's fine even without the block.

I hadn't seen that angle. Makes sense.

Iirc, Briscoe was already ahead of Larson at the time (before the pass), so I'd think he's fine even without the block.

Yeah that's why I think they'll just focus on the 41 - the 14 didn't really get an advantage from it, especially after the 2 spun.

But Nascar doesn't want team cars out there doing that.

The Reddick “awkward 2023 with RCR” problem has been solved.

Wow, nice. Having Reddick on board along with Wallace and Kurt if he's healthy would be great. I'm a 23XI fan. They've come a long way.

Between them and Trackhouse, pretty wild to see new teams having the level of success they've had in less than 2 years.

They would need to find another charter.
Yeah, they would. I've seen Hamlin state they want a third car, but he's also said it has to make financial sense too. He's said they they'll have a car for Kurt, so, idk.

Wouldn't shock me if he goes ahead and retires tho.

Yeah, they would. I've seen Hamlin state they want a third car, but he's also said it has to make financial sense too. He's said they they'll have a car for Kurt, so, idk.

Wouldn't shock me if he goes ahead and retires tho.

Yeah I think he is - and they already know it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom