The Nascar Thread (4 Viewers)

I’m caught up. Good race - top four been good all night, them and maybe the 24 might all have a shot at it

Good race, those top 4 cars had them covered. Denny had the best long run car, that’s how it played out. I think the 12 was better on the short run. Congrats to the 11.

My driver in 3rd, my pick ‘em in 4th. I’ll take it I guess.

Late caution or Green-White-Checker would have made for a very interesting finish. Had some hungry drivers in that mix trying to get their first win. Denny was very patient after restarts, knowing he had a good long run car. And what was the 22 trying to prove, being 2 laps down and clogging up the track?

Late caution or Green-White-Checker would have made for a very interesting finish. Had some hungry drivers in that mix trying to get their first win. Denny was very patient after restarts, knowing he had a good long run car. And what was the 22 trying to prove, being 2 laps down and clogging up the track?

that's payback from the run in he had with the 9 a couple of weeks ago in the final lap of the race

that's payback from the run in he had with the 9 a couple of weeks ago in the final lap of the race

Yeah, but he was getting in Denny's way too. I think it's totally bush league to be looking for payback with a driver and get yourself tangled up with the leader.

Some have said he was trying to avoid going two laps down (so that he could remain in the running for the free-pass) but with a busted up left front, that's pretty weak. Others have said he was trying to hold them up for the 12, but that's pretty weak sauce too to be getting in the way on a speedway.

Between that and becoming the worst block-thrower in the series, he's getting more and more annoying.

Yeah, but he was getting in Denny's way too. I think it's totally bush league to be looking for payback with a driver and get yourself tangled up with the leader.

Some have said he was trying to avoid going two laps down (so that he could remain in the running for the free-pass) but with a busted up left front, that's pretty weak. Others have said he was trying to hold them up for the 12, but that's pretty weak sauce too to be getting in the way on a speedway.

Between that and becoming the worst block-thrower in the series, he's getting more and more annoying.
Earlier in the race, the 22 scooted up the track in an erratic move to block someone else when his car problems were just beginning. I know he has no sympathy for the 9, but save that for when you have a chance on a win, not a two-lap down effort or to let another Ford move forward. Chase did handle the post-race interview well and did not give the 22 credit for slowing him down.

Jr to the HoF

Unpopular opinion, There is no way Dale Jr is a first-ballot Hall of Famer. I say this as a big fan of his for many years. speaking strictly of the top circuit, 26 wins, no titles. Should he get in? maybe, but first try? No.Mark Martin didn't get in til 2017 and he had 35 wins and 5! second-place finishes for the season title.

Hell, wasn't Matt Kenseth eligible? He has more wins AND a title!

IIRC he retired after Jr. Also not saying I disagree with you but Jr did more for NASCAR outside of the track than arguably any racer ever.
They retired the same year, but IIRC, Kenseth filled in for someone for a bit and is not eligible until next year.
I certainly agree about Jr being a force outside of the racecar; he's the conscience Nascar needs...
Would you say his race career in Cup is first ballot HoF worthy?

IIRC he retired after Jr. Also not saying I disagree with you but Jr did more for NASCAR outside of the track than arguably any racer ever.

My view is I’m down with it 💯

To me, it hall of “fame”. And nobody’s more famous than Dale - and he does it as an ambassador of the sport and a carrier of its history (nobody under the age of 50 knows more stock car racing history than Dale). He won 15 straight most popular driver awards, two Busch titles, two 500s, and 26 total Cup wins. It’s a quality racing resume that gets knocked out of the park by his being the literal image of Nascar for 20 years and counting (his ownership record is getting more and more impressive), and handling it well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom