The Nascar Thread (4 Viewers)

"ropes fashioned as nooses". I thought a noose had 13 coils around the rope, what am I missing?
People see what they want to see. They could have more accurately described it as a rope pull, but who wants to read about that?

Wallace wasn't even the one who found it. It still doesn't take away from what happened yesterday with the show of support. Everyone knows as well as I do that there are some racist butt crevasses still in and around the sport, so it was actually possible, but the FBI I investigated it and I'm glad it wasn't anything nefarious.

I don't get it.

If the little nooses attached to the garage doors are something commonly used, even if only in that garage, then it should've been common knowledge, even if B. Wallace or his crew specifically didn't know about it. You'd think someone would've said something before all the hoopla and the FBI getting involved.

Great finish and I loved Blaney winning - his blocking down the stretch was exciting.

That said, I'm totally convinced Logano saw Elliot coming up quick on a run and slid in front so that what happened is exactly what happened.

I liked Logano, but I'm always happy to have another villain. Cursing Kyle can get tedious.

Cursing Kyle is NEVER tedious! I used to like Lagano but he is getting annoying with huis over agresive style.

Thanks. I don't know, that's a pretty grainy picture and I've seen rope pulls with similar looking nooses. Just seems weird to me. I thought it was put up overnight after they had set up in the garage.

Anyway. Just an unfortunate misunderstanding and I think we just move on from here and be more careful going forward when crying wolf. I didn't think it was a Jussie situation, but I get why people might want to draw that conclusion.

Wallace wasn't even the one who found it. It still doesn't take away from what happened yesterday with the show of support. Everyone knows as well as I do that there are some racist butt crevasses still in and around the sport, so it was actually possible, but the FBI I investigated it and I'm glad it wasn't anything nefarious.

Agree. I’m glad it’s nothing. The show of support was very meaningful.

Of course now the racists hate Bubba even more even though he had nothing to do with it. He didn’t find the noose. He wasn’t even there when he got the news. But now somehow it’s Bubba making a fuss. I hate those god-damned racist face fans. They suck so bad.

Last edited:
so I was a dealer at the golden nugget back in 2007. I was dealing blackjack to this 80ish year old lady during nascar week. I'm small talking her and I ask her who's her favorite driver. She says, in her little old lady voice, Tony Stewart!!! I then say to her, well I know everybody has their favorite driver, but I also know most fans have a driver they hate, is there someone you don't like? She replies, I don't like them Busch boys!!!

Since I moved to Vegas back in 2003, I started following Kyle Busch and played fantasy nascar and really started to root for him by this time. I ask her, why? She says, "they are rude, mean, and run people off the road!" I say to her, wasn't that Tony Stewart like 5 years ago?

You guys, without missing a beat, this 80 year old lady says to me, "YOU SHUT THE (BLEEP) UP!!!" I laughed so hard, she was so cool.

eric

Thanks. I don't know, that's a pretty grainy picture and I've seen rope pulls with similar looking nooses. Just seems weird to me. I thought it was put up overnight after they had set up in the garage.

Anyway. Just an unfortunate misunderstanding and I think we just move on from here and be more careful going forward when crying wolf. I didn't think it was a Jussie situation, but I get why people might want to draw that conclusion.
Media. They get part of a story and ram it down our throats if it gets people fired up. How many times today have you seen it reported it was a loop to pull the door down? I'd say far less than the initial story. News moves faster than facts no matter the damage incomplete info does.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom