The Nascar Thread (6 Viewers)

IDK that I like the move for Bubba, it seems like a lateral move at best, but good luck to them. Maybe Jordan is gonna throw a ton of money at it.

If he's got better equipment and a better chance to win races, I'd call it a step ahead for him. He's normally running middle of the pack. If it puts him in a position to get some top 10 finishes, it's worth the move.

IDK that I like the move for Bubba, it seems like a lateral move at best, but good luck to them. Maybe Jordan is gonna throw a ton of money at it.

I don’t think it’s a lateral move - with LFR closing shop, Toyota is down to just JGR. With Denny and MJ, you have a high profile team that will get instant manufacturer backing and a satellite JGR relationship - and a proven driver with sponsor appeal. I think Hamlin-Jordan Racing or whatever is already as good or better than Levine, and with a significant upside. And I think LFR was better than RPM - and this new deal might be better.

But we’ll see. This business is hard.

Note these late start times - it’s west coast so they’re not night races per se.

Vegas Cup race was really good. It’s amazing how far Kurt Busch has come that he’s pretty much universally liked as a veteran who can still drive the wheels off and win when cards fall his way. He’s still a bit goofy but a really good guy when he stopped getting so worked up. I always enjoy his wins these days. And he’s doing a great job calling the truck races.

He’s a wildcard for sure. Good enough to capitalize.

I love that Nascar is going on dirt, but why at Bristol and not some full time dirt track?

I suspect it's because Bristol can seat a lot more and just brings more of a pop to the more casual fan than Eldora or the Chili Bowl would. Plus, it's a date already on the schedule and doesn't require a track to lose a race.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom