The Nascar Thread (17 Viewers)

Details for the Clash tomorrow. Note that Ty Dillon is in the 23 b/c Bubba wasn't eligible.

What happened to Bubba?

The Clash is a non-points "pre-season" exhibition race that historically has been filled with the previous year's pole winners and past Clash champions - that was the only way to get in. A few years ago they added the playoff field from the previous year (in the event any of those drivers had not otherwise qualified), to ensure it had an all-star field. This year, because they didn't have pole qualifying due to Covid, they changed it to stage winners from 2020.

Because Bubba didn't win a stage last year nor make the playoffs, nor has he won a past Clash, he's not eligible. But the 23 wanted to get in the race and Ty Dillon, who won a stage last year, doesn't have a full-time ride this year and would field a car for him in the Clash. So the 23 got Ty Dillon to drive for them in the Clash.

The Clash is a non-points "pre-season" exhibition race that historically has been filled with the previous year's pole winners and past Clash champions - that was the only way to get in. A few years ago they added the playoff field from the previous year (in the event any of those drivers had not otherwise qualified), to ensure it had an all-star field. This year, because they didn't have pole qualifying due to Covid, they changed it to stage winners from 2020.

Because Bubba didn't win a stage last year nor make the playoffs, nor has he won a past Clash, he's not eligible. But the 23 wanted to get in the race and Ty Dillon, who won a stage last year, doesn't have a full-time ride this year and would field a car for him in the Clash. So the 23 got Ty Dillon to drive for them in the Clash.

Yeah, didn't realize all that. Thanks for explaining. Bubba will still be the full-time drive of the 23 after this right?

I tried to watch the qualifying runs but that has got to be the most boring sport show I have ever watched. I'll try to tune in for the Duels tomorrow when I get home from work and will watch the 500 Sunday though.

I tried to watch the qualifying runs but that has got to be the most boring sport show I have ever watched. I'll try to tune in for the Duels tomorrow when I get home from work and will watch the 500 Sunday though.

Yeah, qualifying at plates tracks is hella boring. Duels should be fun.

The race last nice wasn't bad. The finish...Blaney is still snakebit lol.

The Clash was cool. The mud added a chaos element. Blaney now gets one on Chase and he got it in a non-points race . . . so not a bad deal.

I love duel night - always a good time. Except when there’s rain. Fingers crossed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom