The Nascar Thread (5 Viewers)

McDowell! That’s awesome.

They’ve been sneaky good at Daytona for years. Cool darkhorse win here.

Big wreck on final lap puts McDowell in the winners circle

Big wreck on final lap puts McDowell in the winners circle

From 3rd before the wreck. People are calling this a “fluke win” but it isn’t. He was there, he’s a good superspeedway racer and if you know what you’re doing and you’re in the top 5 for the last 50 laps and run the last five laps of the race in the top 3 . . . and the two leaders wreck? That’s not a fluke.

Last edited:
McDowell survived one of the scariest moments in the post-Dale-death era.

Those cars are incredible. And the modernized barriers are really effective. Just crazy how not a single driver has been killed since Dale died. How Newman survived his wreck last year too. Amazing.

It would have been nice to have the insight to put a little wager on McDowell. At the sports book I use, he went off at 100-1 which would have turned my usual $10 per driver bet into a cool thousand. Unfortunately, I was not that astute.

It would have been nice to have the insight to put a little wager on McDowell. At the sports book I use, he went off at 100-1 which would have turned my usual $10 per driver bet into a cool thousand. Unfortunately, I was not that astute.

Man, that would have been the best $100 anyone ever spent, lol. But yeah, not many people would have had him winning Daytona after never having won a Cup race in well over 300 attempts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom