The Nascar Thread (7 Viewers)

WOW, you know I forgot all about NASCAR when I didn't even make the yearly thread. If my wife wouldn't have had it on when I got up today I would have not ever realized they raced.

that crash with 8 laps to go doe

I finally got to watch the last 50 laps of the 500. The big one was just stupid - everyone knows you can’t bump draft the guy in front of you on the side of his bumper. So dumb by Menard. I think the finish was going to be great too. Damn.

I finally got to watch the last 50 laps of the 500. The big one was just stupid - everyone knows you can’t bump draft the guy in front of you on the side of his bumper. So dumb by Menard. I think the finish was going to be great too. Damn.

I'd rather watch someone pull away because they have a superior car than have to watch those last few laps. There wasn't nothing exciting about the race - the kids were interested because of the crash and the sparks and flames and one car on top of another. But that's not the race.

I'd rather watch someone pull away because they have a superior car than have to watch those last few laps. There wasn't nothing exciting about the race - the kids were interested because of the crash and the sparks and flames and one car on top of another. But that's not the race.

Well that was the last plate race for the foreseeable future. We’ll see if the tapered spacer makes for better racing at the super-speedways. It is supposed to make for better throttle ability in packs. We’ll see.

I’m excited to see the new package tomorrow at Atlanta.

Well that was the last plate race for the foreseeable future. We’ll see if the tapered spacer makes for better racing at the super-speedways. It is supposed to make for better throttle ability in packs. We’ll see.

I’m excited to see the new package tomorrow at Atlanta.

that's what I am hoping for, too

Don’t really follow NASCAR anymore. How did Dick Trickle finish? (Not going to ask what place he came in)

I know it’s a fun joke but its not one to get a laugh from those in the nascar community. Dick Trickle finished with a gun barrel in his mouth at 71 - no longer able to cope with the chronic, whole-body pain he had been living with. He was old-school, raced for the love of the sport and did it til his body could take no more. RIP.

https://www.sbnation.com/longform/2013/7/30/4567960/dick-trickle-suicide-nascar-profile

I thought the race was pretty good yesterday. Cars were stable and all over the track - and I think it was visible that the leader didn't have the aero advantage we have seen in the past.

Also, this:

I have been on a Nascar hiatus for a few years since I sold my bar. (we had several weekly contests there picking Nascar contests) Now that we have Sports Book betting here in Mississippi, I have started to bet the races in a small way (3 ten dollar bets on 3 different drivers) to rekindle my interest and enthusiasm. So far, so good. None of my 3 drivers won at Dayton although I did have Logano in the top five. Last week, I was fortunate enough to have Keslowski at 15-1 for a nice $160 return. I will keep this betting pattern until I have a long losing streak or I lose interest again. For now, I am enjoying being back in the Nascar world.

I have been on a Nascar hiatus for a few years since I sold my bar. (we had several weekly contests there picking Nascar contests) Now that we have Sports Book betting here in Mississippi, I have started to bet the races in a small way (3 ten dollar bets on 3 different drivers) to rekindle my interest and enthusiasm. So far, so good. None of my 3 drivers won at Dayton although I did have Logano in the top five. Last week, I was fortunate enough to have Keslowski at 15-1 for a nice $160 return. I will keep this betting pattern until I have a long losing streak or I lose interest again. For now, I am enjoying being back in the Nascar world.

Very nice ?

I have been doing Fan-Duel head to head games but I think those lineup games have too many divers to get excited about.

Three, like you’re doing it, with odds, seems like a better choice. Picking winners is hard!

I have seen other signs of some fans coming back to take a peek. The racing has been really good for some time now, I hope some stay around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom