The Nascar Thread (2 Viewers)

It was pretty terrible audio. He sounded.... comfortable saying it.

Yeah, I've missed the races last 2 weeks. I'd like to watch, but with so much other stuff going on at home, it hasn't been happening.

Which is weird, I find myself with less free time than I did before now that I'm cooking and hanging out with my family a lot more than when the kids were in school.

Yeah, I've missed the races last 2 weeks. I'd like to watch, but with so much other stuff going on at home, it hasn't been happening.

Which is weird, I find myself with less free time than I did before now that I'm cooking and hanging out with my family a lot more than when the kids were in school.

I did not really enjoy last week’s, fwiw. I don’t think you missed much. A lot of cautions. Even by bristols standards.

Bob and I were PMing about this last night but it was obvious that the sponsors were gonna bail, not only would they bail anyway but in this economy they’d take any out they can get . . . and Larson gave them one. He’s not gonna have a ride for a while, the economics won’t allow it.

It’s such a damn shame. Why is a mixed-race kid from Sacramento saying that? It’s just so disappointing that this is happening in 2020. There are African American race fans. I see them at the races. I see them wearing Nascar gear out and about. They’re willing to get past certain stigmas about it because they think racing is cool. This bullshirt just sets it all back.

Bob and I were PMing about this last night but it was obvious that the sponsors were gonna bail, not only would they bail anyway but in this economy they’d take any out they can get . . . and Larson gave them one. He’s not gonna have a ride for a while, the economics won’t allow it.

It’s such a damn shame. Why is a mixed-race kid from Sacramento saying that? It’s just so disappointing that this is happening in 2020. There are African American race fans. I see them at the races. I see them wearing Nascar gear out and about. They’re willing to get past certain stigmas about it because they think racing is cool. This bullshirt just sets it all back.

Yeah, it's a damn shame that had to happen. And this just magnifies the financial impact because all that's going on right now.

That said, I can't say I'm surprised. I've taught my kids never to use that word and I've never once uttered it since, yeah...I was a kid. And that was poking fun with a friend. 3 of my kids i know don't use it, but one of my daughters uses it frequently, or actually used to. She's since stopped, but her friend always calls her "my n..." and it just makes me cringe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom