The Nascar Thread (3 Viewers)

This is some good racing for the finish.

honestly, the last 55 laps were some of the most fun I had watching a race in a while - it was really gripping from then til the finish

After seeing the replay during the interview, you can see the rear end break loose sending him up into Lagano.

yea, I backed it up a few times to make sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. Logano was obviously miffed in pit row

After seeing the replay during the interview, you can see the rear end break loose sending him up into Lagano.

Chase said something to the extent of "once I turned down from the wall, I had no chance [of sticking it down low]". That was clearly a checkers-or-wreckers move. I agree with Joey that Chase should have gotten out and said "my bad, I tried to make it stick and it didn't."

Tonight's Xfinity race goes green at 7:15PM EDT. Of note, the Busch brothers will be in the booth. I'm sort of very curious about that. It's not like they regularly appear in public together (or even seem to have much more than a mild tolerance of each other).

Nascar extends racing without spectators through the July 5 Brickyard 400.

Of note, the Busch brothers will be in the booth. I'm sort of very curious about that. It's not like they regularly appear in public together (or even seem to have much more than a mild tolerance of each other).

they were good, particularly Kyle (Oye says begrudgingly....)

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned, but today is Jimmie Johnson's final race and looks like it's gonna be a bit of a retirement celebration for him. Today's race is at the Atlanta Motor Speedway and they're gonna rename a grandstand after him. Should be interesting.

Folds Of Honor QuikTrip 500

3 pm eastern time on Fox

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned, but today is Jimmie Johnson's final race and looks like it's gonna be a bit of a retirement celebration for him. Today's race is at the Atlanta Motor Speedway and they're gonna rename a grandstand after him. Should be interesting.

Folds Of Honor QuikTrip 500

3 pm eastern time on Fox
Final race in Atlanta, right?

Final race in Atlanta, right?

I believe this is his last race. Either that, or I misunderstood the headline. Could be his last in Atlanta and finish out this season. That would make more sense.

Edit: Just did a search and yes, final Atlanta race. Will finish out season.

I believe this is his last race. Either that, or I misunderstood the headline. Could be his last in Atlanta and finish out this season. That would make more sense.

Misleading headline? That never happens:rolleyes:
Either way, he runs well there.

It would have been a much bigger deal if this was his last race.

He’s 15th in points right now (including the DQ in the 600). They’re running well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom