The Nascar Thread (3 Viewers)

I think it’s too expensive given how few events are run there. Nascar doesn’t light the tracks - that would be the speedway owner (ISC) and they’re not gonna do it unless there’s money in it.

Nascar has never really wanted/needed a night race at Talladega and there aren’t many other events. There’s no Indy race, no local/regional circuit. Just a handful of Nascar and Arca races.

Yeah, I figured it would be stupid expensive. Fun to think about though. Anyway, great race! Bubba's post race comments and greeting the fans was classy. I like this guy more every time I see him. I really do hope they find out who did the noose thing.

Yeah, I figured it would be stupid expensive. Fun to think about though. Anyway, great race! Bubba's post race comments and greeting the fans was classy. I like this guy more every time I see him. I really do hope they find out who did the noose thing.

The crazy thing about the whole Bubba situation is that Bubba is as pure of a racing guy as there is. He grew up in Mobile. He started racing with his dad on weekends. They toured all around the southeast local tracks. He spent his teens racing with Blaney, Chase, and those guys. He rides motorcycles - he does touring rides with Bowyer and Kyle Petty. He’s very patriotic - always participates mightily in the veterans appreciation activities (Bubba would never kneel for the anthem - that’s just not his personal choice, he’ll show it in other ways).

Yet these stupid racist butt crevasses say backwards arse sheet like “Well Nascar found its Kaepernick”. It has always bothered me that people associated Nascar with southern racism - I knew that wasn’t the case for the vast majority of race fans but I also honestly knew that there was that segment out there. You can’t pretend it isn’t there.

But if you call yourself a race fan and you don’t love Bubba (or at least appreciate him) - it’s because you’re a racist. Everything about that guy is Nascar and lovable. That outpouring of support today wasn’t manufactured - they all love Darrell because he’s real, he’s a great guy to be around, and he’s racing to the core.

I don’t know what to make of the noose thing - it’s grotesque. But because it’s so straight out of a book I’m suspect of what it actually is. I wholeheartedly don’t think Bubba had anything to do with it and think these people referring to Jussie Smolette with no evidence whatsoever to say that aren’t helping the cause against racism and are most likely racists themselves. But it is possible that some person with some agenda we don’t know yet planted it to make Nascar look bad. There’s some crazy arse people out there - and at the end of the day, it doesn’t even matter if it wasn’t actually a genuine threat to Bubba, because any person that would resort to that for any agenda - whatsoever - is a truly awful human being.

I do hope they figure it out. This kind of thing needs finality.

Last edited:
Blaney deserved the win, but what a finish. The 10 sliding in backward for 3rd is something to hang your hat on. Elliot crashes right after a quick move from Logano to stop his momentum, hmm, could get interesting how they race from here on out.

Blaney deserved the win, but what a finish. The 10 sliding in backward for 3rd is something to hang your hat on. Elliot crashes right after a quick move from Logano to stop his momentum, hmm, could get interesting how they race from here on out.

Elliot crashing is part of the sport. That wasn't intentional imo. Cars just got bunched up and he had nowhere to go.

Elliot crashing is part of the sport. That wasn't intentional imo. Cars just got bunched up and he had nowhere to go.

Great finish and I loved Blaney winning - his blocking down the stretch was exciting.

That said, I'm totally convinced Logano saw Elliot coming up quick on a run and slid in front so that what happened is exactly what happened.

I liked Logano, but I'm always happy to have another villain. Cursing Kyle can get tedious.

Great finish and I loved Blaney winning - his blocking down the stretch was exciting.

That said, I'm totally convinced Logano saw Elliot coming up quick on a run and slid in front so that what happened is exactly what happened.

I liked Logano, but I'm always happy to have another villain. Cursing Kyle can get tedious.

Yeah, it's possible. I'd have to look at it again, but Logano always seems to be in the middle of something, lol. I kinda like his aggressive racing. Definitely makes things more interesting.

I like the message. All of the drivers and crews walking behind the #43 car shows support in a concrete way that tweets can't. It's a good image for NASCAR.

I really hope they find out who is responsible for the noose, and hang that person out to dry.

I like the message. All of the drivers and crews walking behind the #43 car shows support in a concrete way that tweets can't. It's a good image for NASCAR.

I really hope they find out who is responsible for the noose, and hang that person out to dry.

Hopefully not literally, lol.

Yeah, it's possible. I'd have to look at it again, but Logano always seems to be in the middle of something, lol. I kinda like his aggressive racing. Definitely makes things more interesting.

oh I’m totally biased. So don’t bank of objectivity here from me.

I don’t know what to make of the noose thing - it’s grotesque. But because it’s so straight out of a book I’m suspect of what it actually is. I wholeheartedly don’t think Bubba had anything to do with it and think these people referring to Jussie Smolette with no evidence whatsoever to say that aren’t helping the cause against racism and are most likely racists themselves. But it is possible that some person with some agenda we don’t know yet planted it to make Nascar look bad. There’s some crazy arse people out there - and at the end of the day, it doesn’t even matter if it wasn’t actually a genuine threat to Bubba, because any person that would resort to that for any agenda - whatsoever - is a truly awful human being.

I do hope they figure it out. This kind of thing needs finality.

Per the FBI, the noose has been in that garage since October 2019.

For what it's worth, I don't think this diminishes the show of support for Wallace. That's still genuine and I'm actually ok that this was just a false alarm. There's enough real racism out there as it is.

Whoever it was that blew the whistle on the noose is probably kicking themselves and feeling really silly right now.

"ropes fashioned as nooses". I thought a noose had 13 coils around the rope, what am I missing?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom