The Nascar Thread (8 Viewers)

So we got a Cup double-header this weekend, first time ever. They actually already had this planned to make room in the schedule for the Olympics.

Saturday is 325 miles, Sunday is 350. Shorter format but back to back.

So we got a Cup double-header this weekend, first time ever. They actually already had this planned to make room in the schedule for the Olympics.

Saturday is 325 miles, Sunday is 350. Shorter format but back to back.

Cool, I did a double take when I saw the schedule and thought I read it wrong. Thanks for clearing that up. Looking forward to it.

Wonder if they will be doing a random draw for the lineup like they've been doing. Random each race?

Cool, I did a double take when I saw the schedule and thought I read it wrong. Thanks for clearing that up. Looking forward to it.

Wonder if they will be doing a random draw for the lineup like they've been doing. Random each race?

It’s a tiered random draw. They’ve been doing

I'd really like to see a picture of the alleged noose.
Same here, I make slip knots all the time, just not 13 coils, and because of what they are used for, do not consider them a noose.

Same here, I make slip knots all the time, just not 13 coils, and because of what they are used for, do not consider them a noose.

It's very noose-looking, but it's to be a pull handle for a roll-back garage door. Seems like a decent way to pull a garage door. I think if there were other similar pulls on other doors in the garage, there would be no reason to think about this any further. I don't know if there are others.

Bob Pockgrass is a long-time Nascar reporter - he went back through his phone photos and found a shot that showed the "noose" pull at the Talladega garage last October (same stall, #4):

For the use of a pull rope like this, that should have been a bowline for a pull handle and not a noose in the first place. Whoever did this last year (or whenever) just thought they were being funny and had no idea what 2020 was bringing to the floor.

8C75DB39-42FB-412C-BD36-7ADBC9177D9A.jpeg
NASCAR posted the pic of the noose. I definitely understand why they sounded the alarms like they did and why Bubba was adamant that it was a noose. Why type of pull rope is this lol?

NASCAR posted the pic of the noose. I definitely understand why they sounded the alarms like they did and why Bubba was adamant that it was a noose. Why type of pull rope is this lol?

I agree, this definitely looks different than what was described as a rope pull.

I also agree that it most likely was not done for symbolism...probably had a Kyle Busch doll in it.

I agree, this definitely looks different than what was described as a rope pull.

I also agree that it most likely was not done for symbolism...probably had a Kyle Busch doll in it.

A Kyle Busch doll? I think a lot of people would say that would make everything alright. :hihi:

FBI: Yes, um the racetrack told us you were the guy in charge of garage doors at Talladega.

Him: Um, yessir that’s correct.

FBI: So you tied this as a garage door pull in 2019?

Him: Yep. I needed to fashion a door pull and that’s the only knot I can tie well. No big deal.

FBI: Okay that’s fair. But how is it that a noose is the only knot you know how to tie?

Him: This interview is over!

So Ty Gibbs, Joe Gibbs' 17 year old grandson won the Arca race today. Cool story.

First time watching one of these.

So Ty Gibbs, Joe Gibbs' 17 year old grandson won the Arca race today. Cool story.

First time watching one of these.

How many cars finished on the lead lap?

Careful, watching ARCA races is a sign of an addict.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom