The Nascar Thread (5 Viewers)

Well, I think Chase should have conceded once Truex committed to the entry. He was getting passed regardless. There were enough laps left to try and pass him back up.

I disagree and so did Truex shortly after it happened. They reported that he called in stating that he though he was clear.

Well, I think Chase should have conceded once Truex committed to the entry. He was getting passed regardless. There were enough laps left to try and pass him back up.

It's one of those things - do you want to be right or do you want be real?

Truex dive bombed him and he wasn't even close to clear, it was reckless. Chase had that ground and had a right to keep it, but Martin more than forced the issue and Chase waited too late to lift.

Chase wasn't wrong, but he's wrecked. Martin was too aggressive and shouldn't have forced Chase to give ground. Maybe he was quicker but you still have to pass a guy without putting you both in the wall.

I'm like 70/30 on that one - Martin was ridiculous. But Chase could have saved his race, who knows, Martin might have gotten into the wall on his own, like Denny did on Saturday.

It's one of those things - do you want to be right or do you want be real?

Truex dive bombed him and he wasn't even close to clear, it was reckless. Chase had that ground and had a right to keep it, but Martin more than forced the issue and Chase waited too late to lift.

Chase wasn't wrong, but he's wrecked. Martin was too aggressive and shouldn't have forced Chase to give ground. Maybe he was quicker but you still have to pass a guy without putting you both in the wall.

I'm like 70/30 on that one - Martin was ridiculous. But Chase could have saved his race, who knows, Martin might have gotten into the wall on his own, like Denny did on Saturday.

Well, I tend to think the way Truex was driving, Chase should have figured giving up a spot with more than 10 laps left isn't the end of the world. Even if Truex was too aggressive, Chase can keep himself in a position where he can catch Truex without wrecking. I realize he wasn't clear completely, but I think when he started the pass, he thought he could get there. Before the turn. I don't know though. Maybe there was more to it in the driver's seat.

Do I understand this right? He's calling it quits? I didn't see that coming.

Noooo. That means he's a free agent. He will be signing with somebody (probably announced soon) and likely a team with better equipment. Speculation is the 42 but nobody knows at this point.

Noooo. That means he's a free agent. He will be signing with somebody (probably announced soon) and likely a team with better equipment. Speculation is the 42 but nobody knows at this point.

Yeah, i thought he was changing teams. But, I thought he had already come to an agreement with Petty Racing. Didn't realize that wasn't a done deal yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom