The Nascar Thread (6 Viewers)

FYI, this weekend is Martinsville night racing (Nascar typically runs at night on Masters weekend).

Xfinity tonight, goes green at 8:11pm EDT.
Cup tomorrow, goes green at 8pm EDT.

Both on FS1.

I don't know if they'll get the whole race in, but they are under green.
edit -14 minutes later, welp.

Last edited:
That was a pretty fun race. The winner was definitely a surprise.

That was a fantastic run by Berry. Not only his first win, but his previous best finish was 7th. Gibbs is no fluke. 1st, 2nd and 4th in his first 3 races of his xfinity career. He's gonna be in the Cup before long.

Gragson had himself a nice race too. Finished a hard earned 2nd.

Lots of bumping and cut tires. Fun to watch for sure.

That was a pretty fun race. The winner was definitely a surprise.

That was a fantastic run by Berry. Not only his first win, but his previous best finish was 7th. Gibbs is no fluke. 1st, 2nd and 4th in his first 3 races of his xfinity career. He's gonna be in the Cup before long.

Gragson had himself a nice race too. Finished a hard earned 2nd.

Lots of bumping and cut tires. Fun to watch for sure.

Really glad for Josh, and for Dale and Kelly, it's really cool how they're using that 8 team to bring in other guys to complement the regular stable. He was trying to coax Jimmie Johnson into the 8 a few weeks ago.

Anyway, on to Cup!

Wow, they should rename it Truex Raceway. Hamlin led a ton of laps, but couldn't hold off Jr. That big wreck changed the race. And the penalty on Blaney was brutal. His crew left him down.

Meh. It was a weird race. Long - 15 cautions including that track blocker red flag. Three cautions were for one dude. A pair of fires. It was just a weird Martinsville race. The Blaney penalty sucked. Bubba led the damn race and was in the top 10 with 60 to go but ends up 16th. Martin does nothing for me.

meh

Meh. It was a weird race. Long - 15 cautions including that track blocker red flag. Three cautions were for one dude. A pair of fires. It was just a weird Martinsville race. The Blaney penalty sucked. Bubba led the damn race and was in the top 10 with 60 to go but ends up 16th. Martin does nothing for me.

meh

Yeah, Bubba can't catch a break. He was running good, then he went from 10th to 13th during a caution and was just meh the rest of the race. I don't get it. I want to say it's his crew, or the car, but at some point maybe it's him? I don't know.

The Blaney penalty was stupid. It was legit, but the crew manning that front left tire has got to have better awareness than that.

I was just happy to finally cash a Nascar bet this week. I have been betting a guy (expert?) from VegasInsider picks for the last three years. I do these bets mostly as a way to have some interest in a sporting event on Sundays without football. Betting $30 a week ($10 each on his top 3 drivers) , I have won between $200 and $300 each of the last three seasons. using this fellow's picks. So far in 2021, he was 0-7 in the first seven races. Truex didn't pay much but I was just glad to be able to go to the book and collect. something. Maybe it is the start of a streak.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom