The Nascar Thread (4 Viewers)

Talladega schedule. Note the heavy rain expected on Saturday. Sunday looks great.

Pretty good Arca race going. Like 15 cars within a second of the leader. That's a huge lead group. Pretty crowded up front.

Question about restriction plates. Is that just for the Cup cars or do the other lower leagues run with the plates as well? It's strictly for reducing top speed, right?

Pretty good Arca race going. Like 15 cars within a second of the leader. That's a huge lead group. Pretty crowded up front.

Question about restriction plates. Is that just for the Cup cars or do the other lower leagues run with the plates as well? It's strictly for reducing top speed, right?

Yes, yes.

Technically they don’t use true restrictor plates anymore after switching to fuel injection and the use of tapered spacers. Same basic concept (deprives air to the engine). Yes the purpose is to limit top speed - but it also limits acceleration so it becomes all about momentum and aero, and that’s what modern superspeedway racing is all about.

Last edited:
That wreck was just inexperience. You can’t bump draft on the corner of the bumper. Gibbs innocent victim.

That’s the most intense car fire I’ve seen in a long time. Wow. That was dangerous.

I’m pretty sure Fox cut away because of concern it might be life threatening.
Yeah, they showed him getting out of the car, onto the stretcher, but once it looked like they were starting to work on him on the stretcher, they cut away.

Watching the replay, he hit the wall really hard, even though it was at an angle. I wonder if he might be injured from the impact as well as the fire or smoke.

Yeah, they showed him getting out of the car, onto the stretcher, but once it looked like they were starting to work on him on the stretcher, they cut away.

Watching the replay, he hit the wall really hard, even though it was at an angle. I wonder if he might be injured from the impact as well as the fire or smoke.

I meant before that - when the car had come to a stop and was burning, before care arrived and before he got out, they cut away to the cars under yellow.

Good aggressive racing, only one real wreck which was shortly before the end. Burton got an assist from the weather. Berry got really unlucky with the tire issue. He was up near the front up to that point.

Sounds like it will be a good race day for the Cup tomorrow. I'm going with Hamlin. He's been near the front the entire season. He just needs to close those races out in the end.

I'd really like to see Wallace have a strong race, but I'm not sure he's as good on the super speedway as he is on the short tracks.

If I were a betting man, my money is on Logano.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom