The Nascar Thread (5 Viewers)

The bigger wheels are 🔥.

These cars are quite a bit more muscular.

The bigger wheels are 🔥.

These cars are quite a bit more muscular.

Yeah, I'm wondering how they'll perform on the track. I also always wondered how Nascar determines how different or alike the cars have to be. It's gotta be hard to create an even playing field while at the same time allowing a certain amount of differences between the cars.

Yeah, I'm wondering how they'll perform on the track. I also always wondered how Nascar determines how different or alike the cars have to be. It's gotta be hard to create an even playing field while at the same time allowing a certain amount of differences between the cars.

This platform won’t have many differences - they even have to all buy from a dedicated vendor list (no more in-house fabrication). I think the only differences now are the bodies (which is aero and minimal) and power subject to specs.

Yes.

I’m considering running up for the Xfinity race. I can’t do Sunday due to Mother’s Day, but I might go on Saturday. It’s a two hour drive.

Cool! I'll probably wait for the '22 season to go to a race. Maybe try something later this season, but not really likely. I've never been to a race. My wife has a sister in Vegas, so we might make a weekend trip out of that in September, but wait and see for now.

A couple of years ago, Dale Earnhardt found and bought the car his dad won the 1987 grand national (Xfinity) race at Darlington in - a black and silver Chevy Nova with the number 8 that Ralph Earnhardt raced, and later became Jr.'s number in the Cup series.

After a beautiful restoration, Dale is going to lead the field in this car in the parade laps before the Xfinity race on Saturday at Darlington. Here's pictures from his restoration and highlights from the 1987 race that Dale Sr. won.

So, I was watching recording of the truck race, freaking dvr cut off right when the big pile up happened with 30 laps remaining...:rant:.

So Fox somehow failed to show the Earnhardt car on the track. They talked about it and showed two very quick shots of the car pulling out, but then nothing - they had stupid production segments about drivers as Dale led the field.

It was weird. Either intentional or a total drop, it sucked. Neither explanation is acceptable.

They did show the car driving around the track warming up before he did the pace lap. But then later they didn't show the pace lap, which I thought was weird. Don't know what happened there, but that's a big miss by Fox. Who cares if he's an NBC guy, he's still one of the most popular guys in Nascar driving in his dad's race car. They were talking a good bit about it in the pre-race show though, so...:shrug:.

They did show the car driving around the track warming up before he did the pace lap. But then later they didn't show the pace lap, which I thought was weird. Don't know what happened there, but that's a big miss by Fox. Who cares if he's an NBC guy, he's still one of the most popular guys in Nascar driving in his dad's race car. They were talking a good bit about it in the pre-race show though, so...:shrug:.

What’s the point of talking about it before it happens but then not showing when it actually happens?

They showed it pulling out of the garage for about two seconds, about three seconds of it out in front early like you said, and then a still shot of it out front - nothing that felt “live” at all.

What’s the point of talking about it before it happens but then not showing when it actually happens?

They showed it pulling out of the garage for about two seconds, about three seconds of it out in front early like you said, and then a still shot of it out front - nothing that felt “live” at all.

Agreed. Head scratcher for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom