The Nascar Thread (4 Viewers)

Danggg, Newgarden snakebit today. Ran a great race and his car craps out with the lead and 2 laps to go. Crazy.

When the same guy is dominating every week, it gets boring. Lol.

Very nice run for Chastain. Another 10 laps and he might win that one.

Rick Hendrick knew what he was getting with Larson and now has a powerhouse of young drivers. The Hass cars seem to run out of luck and Toyota used all of their luck early in the season.

Rick Hendrick knew what he was getting with Larson and now has a powerhouse of young drivers. The Hass cars seem to run out of luck and Toyota used all of their luck early in the season.

Larson has made Hendrick better, that's for sure. He was always a great driver, and he wasn't in the best equipment at CGR - now he's in top flight stuff. Plus, I think his time away in suspension made him hungrier. Plus the Chevys have just gotten better all around, you have Childress and CGR running top 10 in most of these races. The JGR cars have had good runs and the 99 is in the top 15 every race.

I don't know about using up luck, I just think the Chevys are stronger right now. But the SHR Fords are quietly getting better. Both Almirola and Custer have been running in the top 10 in multiple races the past few weeks - and Harvick is always hanging around. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the 10 win one of these two at Pocono.

And I don't think we can ever discount Gibbs when it comes to the playoffs. It's going to be really crazy leading up to the cut, especially if the 11 can't find a way to win. Things are going to get nasty on track.

Larson has made Hendrick better, that's for sure. He was always a great driver, and he wasn't in the best equipment at CGR - now he's in top flight stuff. Plus, I think his time away in suspension made him hungrier. Plus the Chevys have just gotten better all around, you have Childress and CGR running top 10 in most of these races. The JGR cars have had good runs and the 99 is in the top 15 every race.

I don't know about using up luck, I just think the Chevys are stronger right now. But the SHR Fords are quietly getting better. Both Almirola and Custer have been running in the top 10 in multiple races the past few weeks - and Harvick is always hanging around. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the 10 win one of these two at Pocono.

And I don't think we can ever discount Gibbs when it comes to the playoffs. It's going to be really crazy leading up to the cut, especially if the 11 can't find a way to win. Things are going to get nasty on track.
Luck was not that the cars are running bad, just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Yeah, I agree with the nasty part. Except for a couple of the road races and Daytona, the races have been pretty tame and boring. It sometimes feels like drivers are just trying to finish races. Hopefully the race for those playoff spots spices things up.

On a different topic, I wasn't expecting Wallace to start winning races, but his best finish has been 11th, I think. I would have thought he'd have a few top 10s by now. It hasn't been a terrible season, but nothing to get excited about either. Hopefully they tweak a few things and improve next season.

A lot of action with a Cup double-header and all series racing this weekend at Pocono. Started with Arca Friday night and this ridiculous save:

Also I am officially a full fledged 48 fan. Always liked Alex a lot and he’s such a good driver - but also just a good dude who drives his arse off. I love the 5 but i can’t really get that into Kyle Larson. Meh. But Alex is a warrior and just so much cooler.

I was always a Hendrick guy except I was 5 and 88. Wasn’t ever a 24 or 48 guy. I think Blaney is cool but just can’t do a Penske Ford. So I was glad the 5 was gonna race again, but Larson isn’t anything to root for - he’s a great driver but he’s pretty bland. Meanwhile the 88 becomes the 48 and I have always liked Bowman, always like when he wins. But after today it’s down. I’m 48. Ally Bank. Let’s do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom