The Nasty Boys & Ryan Nielsen (1 Viewer)

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There was an article last week that said the Saints D line could be the best in the NFL by seasons end. Well I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that they're already the best in the NFL. You can't overstate just how dominant the Nasty Boys up front have been so far. They have been good against the run and they have been a terror against opposing QBs. And it's not like they've been going up against terrible teams either. They've faced 4 of the top 9 offenses in the league in terms of total yards per game.

Ryan Nielsen has had a tremendous impact on this defense. Having talent is one thing but preparing that talent and motivating that talent, that's where Nielsen really shines. He has his guys ready to run through walls every week. They're playing ferocious football right now. The players know their role and they are playing their part. They're playing as a unit and it's fun to watch.

Malcom Brown has been a huge addition. Many of us thought he'd be a stop gap until Rankins returned but he's been much more than that. Davenport continues to improve and it looks like he's going to be a force. Onyemata is relentless and Rankins has looked good while shaking off the rust. When healthy, Hendrickson has played better than I could've hoped for and Mario Edwards Jr has played some meaningful snaps.

I'm sure there is some debate about who has the best D line in football right now but the Saints are in that discussion. In terms of being able to play the run and pass, I'll take our guys.

They are getting great pressure consistently and usually with a four-man rush. I believe we got a sack yesterday with a three-man rush.

But even with all of this pressure, I don't think there has been a call on our opponents offensive line in that last two games. Granted, yesterday they didn't litter the field with holding penalties (thankfully). It's frustrating when they don't remotely balance out (Dallas game, not Tampa game).

They are getting great pressure consistently and usually with a four-man rush. I believe we got a sack yesterday with a three-man rush.

But even with all of this pressure, I don't think there has been a call on our opponents offensive line in that last two games. Granted, yesterday they didn't litter the field with holding penalties (thankfully). It's frustrating when they don't remotely balance out (Dallas game, not Tampa game).

And see that's another thing that's so impressive. They've been doing all this while getting mugged. Somebody has Dav or Cam in a headlock nearly every play.

There was an article last week that said the Saints D line could be the best in the NFL by seasons end. Well I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that they're already the best in the NFL. You can't overstate just how dominant the Nasty Boys up front have been so far. They have been good against the run and they have been a terror against opposing QBs. And it's not like they've been going up against terrible teams either. They've faced 4 of the top 9 offenses in the league in terms of total yards per game.

Ryan Nielsen has had a tremendous impact on this defense. Having talent is one thing but preparing that talent and motivating that talent, that's where Nielsen really shines. He has his guys ready to run through walls every week. They're playing ferocious football right now. The players know their role and they are playing their part. They're playing as a unit and it's fun to watch.

Malcom Brown has been a huge addition. Many of us thought he'd be a stop gap until Rankins returned but he's been much more than that. Davenport continues to improve and it looks like he's going to be a force. Onyemata is relentless and Rankins has looked good while shaking off the rust. When healthy, Hendrickson has played better than I could've hoped for and Mario Edwards Jr has played some meaningful snaps.

I'm sure there is some debate about who has the best D line in football right now but the Saints are in that discussion. In terms of being able to play the run and pass, I'll take our guys.
I sure hope LGD has something profound & poetic to say about this as well.

The NASTY BOYS! It sounds pretty applicable. I think you've hit on something there Drago. But it would still be great to swing by the massage parlor & see what LGD thinks about that name. It kind of reminds me of the Hogs in the deadskin glory days.

The NASTY BOYS! It sounds pretty applicable. I think you've hit on something there Drago. But it would still be great to swing by the massage parlor & see what LGD thinks about that name. It kind of reminds me of the Hogs in the deadskin glory days.

The Bucs had two starting O Line casualties going against the Saints D yesterday. Their starting RT got a hammy and now this...

The Bucs had two starting O Line casualties going against the Saints D yesterday. Their starting RT got a hammy and now this...

That's what happens when you foolishly try to block these guys. Hopefully this will put O linemen on notice. Attempting to block The Nasty Boys is a business decision.

So is BIG WIGGLE & THE NASTY BOYS too violent for the newer kinder gentler nfl? Will this guy :theclown: launch a new investigation into the New Orleans Saints defensive line to see why they are playing so well? Could we have a bounty gate 2.0? Tune in next week. Same bat time, same bat channel.

Our D line is very disruptive and it’s like they’re all running on non-stop motors.
I also think that our defense, overall, is playing intelligent football. They’re tackling well and really finishing their assignments - it’s been great to watch. I’m also encouraged by the fact that it really hasn’t taken long for them to gel and they seem like a very prideful group.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom