The NBA title is the hardest title in Major sports to win. (1 Viewer)

HennessyRob

NOLA Raised
Reaction score
The past 20 years has seen only 6 different teams win a title.
Bulls,Pistions,Spurs,Lakers,Heat,Rockets

The NHL,MLB( has no salary cap ) and NFL have seen 10-12 different teams win titles in the same 20 year period.

To win an NBA title, you have to win 16 playoff games spread out over a two month period.

You can win the Superbowl win only 3 playoff victories if you get the bye-week.

Can our Hornets win 16 playoff games????

Last edited:
I do expect them to look rattled at some point due to lack of playoff experience. They'll probably even drop a game or two they should have won due to those jitters. But if a 7 game series does its job - determine which team is better - then I think the Hornets have a wonderful chance at coming out of the West.

Then hopefully the Pistons or Magic can take down the Celtics :hihi:

I do expect them to look rattled at some point due to lack of playoff experience. They'll probably even drop a game or two they should have won due to those jitters. But if a 7 game series does its job - determine which team is better - then I think the Hornets have a wonderful chance at coming out of the West.

Then hopefully the Pistons or Magic can take down the Celtics :hihi:

If we get out of the West, we will beat whomever wins the East.
I'm worried about the Spurs and Lakers.

On the contrary, one could contend that the fact that few teams have won the majority of NBA championships means that it is easier to build a championship, dynasty caliber team.

I'm feeling pretty good about the Hornets' chances. I think one thing that gives them an edge is they have two players that can hit the huge shot at the end of the game--West and Peja. And you can always count on CP to set them up and Scott to draw up a good play to make it happen.

On the contrary, one could contend that the fact that few teams have won the majority of NBA championships means that it is easier to build a championship, dynasty caliber team.

:plus-un2:

NHL teams have to do the same thing as the NBA, 16 wins in two months.

The NBA playoffs do not have the intensity of the Stanley Cup playoffs. When the final scores are 2-1 instead of 94-91, and you may have to throw the dukes at any time, there really is no comparison.

I'm a fan of both the NBA and NHL, and it isn't even really that close.

It's the Stanley Cup, end thread. :worthy:

:plus-un2:

NHL teams have to do the same thing as the NBA, 16 wins in two months.

The NBA playoffs do not have the intensity of the Stanley Cup playoffs. When the final scores are 2-1 instead of 94-91, and you may have to throw the dukes at any time, there really is no comparison.

I'm a fan of both the NBA and NHL, and it isn't even really that close.

It's the Stanley Cup, end thread. :worthy:

I want to disagree but I am not one of the 250 people in the world that actually watch it.

The NHL,MLB and NFL have seen 10-12 different teams win titles in the same 20 year period.

To win an NBA title, you have to win 16 playoff games spread out over a two month period.

If we stay in America, I may agree. But it is much harder to with in the Champions League.

The NHL,MLB and NFL have seen 10-12 different teams win titles in the same 20 year period.

A Dunnum and Miller listener?

The answer is The Masters. You have to walk for hours.

For four consecutive days.

The Hornets have proved this month that they are capable of winning it all, I think a seven game series the Hornets can beat any team in the NBA.

In all seriousness, the Hornets lack of experience is somewhat offset in that when it's late in games, the Hornets have the best ball handler in the NBA taking care of the ball.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom