The near guarantee for, at the minimum, a first round bye (1 Viewer)

Yep a great few days for the Saints

Vikings and Packers each suffering one more loss.

The Saints could then afford to lose 1 more game and still get a first round bye guaranteed.

So a Vikings loss tonight goes a long way towards that end.
What we need is for the Niners, Seahawks, and Packers to lose @ least 1 more game. Then, we can afford a loss, except if we lose to the Niners. They need to lose their division, most likely.

Colts At home, titans and Panthers on road won’t be easy.
I'm not too worried about the colts to be honest. Jacoby started off hot and has fizzled since. Titans on the road concerns me since it will likely be a cold weather game on the road. The most important win is the next game. We have to beat 9ers or we're playing for 2nd or 3rd.

Colts At home, titans and Panthers on road won’t be easy.

Agree.

Thankfully, if we win this weekend, can afford a loss to Indy or Tennessee (assuming Seattle doesn’t finish 14-2, which is a pretty safe assumption).

We’d have the strength of victory tiebreaker over all the teams we didn’t already beat H2H.

I'm not too worried about the colts to be honest. Jacoby started off hot and has fizzled since. Titans on the road concerns me since it will likely be a cold weather game on the road. The most important win is the next game. We have to beat 9ers or we're playing for 2nd or 3rd.
Actually Titans don't concern me that much. Derrick Henry is a load, but he is mainly a between the tackles runner, the kind of runner the Saints do a good job stopping. The Titans' defense is very good, however.

Actually Titans don't concern me that much. Derrick Henry is a load, but he is mainly a between the tackles runner, the kind of runner the Saints do a good job stopping. The Titans' defense is very good, however.
Don’t be fooled by his size. Henryy has speed and has some huge runs by getting to the outside. That’s actually the guy I’m worried about ending our streak.

Well then you haven't been paying close enough attention to what has happened to that team since Tannehill took over.

SF at home and Titans on the road are difficult games 1 and 1A.

And it's now essentially guaranteed that the Titans will still be fighting for their playoff lives by the time we play them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom