The new KINGDOM OF SORROW CD (1 Viewer)

SinnerSaint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I just picked this up a couple of days ago, mostly because I'm a big Hatebreed/Jamey Jasta fan.

I'm usually not into the slower style of Southern Metal like a lot of this album seems to come off as, but all in all, it's well done, and has some great grooves and riffs.

You can check out a couple tracks on their MySpace page here...

http://www.myspace.com/kingdomofsorrow

If you watch the flash player for a while, a Saints FDL will come up, too!

Last edited:
Its pretty much as expected- a 'meh' mix of Crowbar and Hatebreed. Killer cover art though.

want southern death hardcore Sludge? try Birds of Prey (also on Relapse)-super group with members of Alabama Thunderpussy, Baroness, Hail Hornet and Beaten back to Pure

Its pretty much as expected- a 'meh' mix of Crowbar and Hatebreed. Killer cover art though.

want southern death hardcore Sludge? try Birds of Prey (also on Relapse)-super group with members of Alabama Thunderpussy, Baroness, Hail Hornet and Beaten back to Pure

Lustmord.....

I really like KOS's song on their MySpace page called 'Lead Into Demise'.....specifically the beat, and the tempo of the song. It's not super-thrashy, but it's got a good driving kind of power metal grind.

You know of any other bands that sound more like that? Or maybe like Carcass's Heartwork album?

Last edited:
hmmmm if you like Heartwork try the follow up Swansong-more of the same, meybe even more melodic-plus the album BEFORE Heartwork, Necrotism, is a certified classic.

As far as albums that sound like Hearkwork-thats tough as it fairly one of a kind, but it sounds like you dig melodic death metal-so I MIGHT try,

Impaled's "The Last Gasp",
The County Medical Examiniers "Olidous Operettas",
General Surgery -"Left Hand Pathology"
(all are total Carcass worhsip)

At The Gates _"Slaugther of the Soul"
Gardenian's 'SoulBurner',
In Flames "The Jester Race",
Dark Tranquility-"Skydancer", The Gallery" and "The Minds Eye",
Death's "The Sounds of Perserverance",
Edge of Sanity "Infernal",
God Dethroned {Lair of the WHite Worm" and "The Toxic TOuch",
Hypocrisy's mid era stuff (S/t, The Arrival, Catch 22, Virus,)
Martriden "The Unsettling Dark"
Epoch of Unlight "The Cintinuum Hypothesis:

and Maybe any Opeth album

Have you heard the bands I mentioned? Birds of Prey, Beaten back to Pure, and Hail Hornet are similarly paced to KOS, maybealso The Abominable Iron Sloth, Blutch, Negative Reaction,

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom