The New Mutants (2 Viewers)

brockmeaux

I'm Batman
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sticky Post
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bu9e410C__I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This looks pretty interesting. Our first full-fledged comic book horror film. New Mutants, Deadpool, and Logan make me glad that there are some properties that Marvel doesn't have the rights to, because it seems like (in some respects) Fox is finally figuring it out and letting their properties go in fresh directions. Just give Marvel back the Fantastic Four (and more importantly, Doom and Galactus) and we'd be close to a perfect world. Movie-wise, at least.

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
I really have no idea what to make of this.

New Mutants did at times have some horror elements (the Demon Bear story arc definitely had some), but this looks like a haunted house jump scare movie that happens to star the New Mutants.

I'm a big New Mutants fan and have to be honest, this isn't how I would have preferred their first cinematic outing to go. But FOX seems to be taking a really de-centralized approach to the Mutant properties and trying different things with them. I can't fault them for that.

So in other words, I guess I'll wait and see.
I just watched a breakdown of the newer, trailer. Demon Bear is shown but we still don't know if that's the only villain.

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
I think it looks interesting...at this point I will definitely go to see it

SAINT__STEVEN

4morefor45
Reaction score
Saw that it's available to rent in 4K, was thinking about pulling the trigger tonight...
I know the reviews are not good...but is it a total waste of time?

TheRealJRad

The Artist Formerly Known as AgentJRad
Staff member
Tech-Admin
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Saw that it's available to rent in 4K, was thinking about pulling the trigger tonight...
Curious about this as well. The audience score on RT is 56%, so I’m on the fence.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
It's probably not a total waste. One good thing is that it is the vision that the director had. There was going to be some major reshoots that changed the movie but after the sale to Disney they decided to keep the movie the way it was filmed to be. To me, most movies are worth seeing once. The real hurdle is how much money are you willing to spend? A 4K rental would be worth it but I do like a lot of movies that people don't like.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Headlines

Top Bottom