The New Mutants (1 Viewer)

I might check it out, but right now I have about as much interest in it as I do the comic that is currently out.

I really have no idea what to make of this.

New Mutants did at times have some horror elements (the Demon Bear story arc definitely had some), but this looks like a haunted house jump scare movie that happens to star the New Mutants.

I'm a big New Mutants fan and have to be honest, this isn't how I would have preferred their first cinematic outing to go. But FOX seems to be taking a really de-centralized approach to the Mutant properties and trying different things with them. I can't fault them for that.

So in other words, I guess I'll wait and see.
I just watched a breakdown of the newer, trailer. Demon Bear is shown but we still don't know if that's the only villain.

I think it looks interesting...at this point I will definitely go to see it

Saw that it's available to rent in 4K, was thinking about pulling the trigger tonight...
I know the reviews are not good...but is it a total waste of time?

Saw that it's available to rent in 4K, was thinking about pulling the trigger tonight...

Curious about this as well. The audience score on RT is 56%, so I’m on the fence.

It's probably not a total waste. One good thing is that it is the vision that the director had. There was going to be some major reshoots that changed the movie but after the sale to Disney they decided to keep the movie the way it was filmed to be. To me, most movies are worth seeing once. The real hurdle is how much money are you willing to spend? A 4K rental would be worth it but I do like a lot of movies that people don't like.

Yeah it was terrible
I saw it morning and I wish I could gotten that hour and a Half back

I saw it in the theater....it was just awful

Just watched this the other day. This was a really awful movie. This was so bad that it made me question how the writers got jobs in the industry.

Is there a future here? Reboot? Something else? Just curious since this seemed to be a flop.

There's a place for Magik in other movies. I could see her in a Dr. Strange movie or in a later X-Men movie.

Likely, but the point is that this film will be ignored completely in writing any of the characters from it into the MCU.
On the other hand, it's possible (but certainly not definite) that they will preserve some of the "lore" from the original set and the First Class set of films.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom