the New Orleans Saints have outscored opponents by a combined 99 points (1 Viewer)

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
192 points for, 93 points against, a net differential of 99 points.

We're averaging 38.4 points for, and 18.6 against, a 19.8 point differential. We've officially "lapped" the opposition, scoring twice as many points as we allow. Even after New England gets down blowing out the Tennessee School for the Blind, no other team will even be close.

The record for points in a season is held by the 2007 NE Patriots. They scored 589 points, an average of 36.8 per game. We need 398 points to top that, 36.1 points per game.

Not sure who has the record for point differential, but I imagine it's the same 2007 Patriots. They netted 315 points, or an average margin of victory of 19.6. .2 points less then what we're currently averaging.

We still have left on our schedule
0-6 St. Louis
0-6 Tampa Bay
0-6 Tampa Bay
2-4 Washington
and overall the 30th easiest remaining schedule in the NFL as of last week. Having gotten past the Giants, it's likely the easiest schedule left in the NFL.

Have a good week =)

Great info, but all that matters is winning the Super Bowl.

If I recall, the 2007 Patriots didn't win the Super Bowl, even though they scored the most points and even though they went 16-0.

I hope we blow out our opponents every week, but the ultimate goal is still SB44.

Except for a meaningless 4th preseason game, they have beaten everyone by double digits. I bring up preseason because as you start to see a team form into what they'll be, you can pick up certain characteristics. They've ran well from the beginning, they've forced turnovers from the beginning, they've turned them into points and you've seen the defense gain confidence weekly. Now it looks like both sides of the ball are feeding off each other, and there's still room for improvement (special teams). We still haven't seen this team play it's best yet and that's scary.

That's what so sweet about winning this game today. I really like our chances for home field now.

We as Saints fans can BELIEVE in this team at this point. I've seen many of our fans who were hesitant to be positive and always waiting for the other shoe to drop. I think today's beatdown should make true believers out of us all and rid us, at least this year, of the "Just wait, they'll blow it" mentality. The fact our defense is just as impressive as our offense is completely amazing. Gregg Williams has always gotten his defense to the middle of the pack in his 1st year and here we sit near the top. And GW's defenses are always BETTER in their 2nd year than the 1st. Think about that. This defense could get BETTER.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom